Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

Mapping Opus cams to Saitek Hat Switch

I bought the full version of FSUIPC to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to map views to the hat switch? I keep seeing messages about "The hat switch isn't a real button or switch", and I will counter that if EZDok can see the hat sw as buttons 51, 52, 53, and 54, then that claim is not correct.

I can't really figure out how to use the FSUIPC even from the FSUIPC forum. Maybe I'm dumber than I think. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Got some help from a kind soul with this. Thanks!

Do Share Please?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

What I wrote Kattz was:

I've mapped my Saitek hat switch to views in Opus via FSUIPC. Inside FSX, bring up FSUIPC and click on the buttons/joystick tab. move the hat switch to one position and release. You should see a joystick name and switch number in the center boxes. If not, click on clear or reset (don't have it right in front of me), then again. When the hat switch is seen by FSUIPC, assign a key stroke of your choice (I use crtl-shift-0, ctrl-shift 1, etc) to the hat switch and FSUIPC will send this to FSX each time. You don't want repeat or release set. Same with the other positions. THen use those in OPUS to associate a view with a key stroke.

In FSX, be sure under settings>controls that the Saitek hat switches are not assigned to anything. You don't want any conflicts with what FSUIPC will send to FSX.

Richard

Richard I have done what you said, but can you explain how to then transform that to Opus cameras? many thanks Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

When you create a view, you have the opportunity to assign a joystick or a keypress to be the command to activate the view while flying. So use whatever keypress you are having FSUIPC send to FSX as the keypress you assign when creating the view in Opus. Conceptually, your activation of the joystick is caught by FSUIPC which throws it away and instead sends a keystroke to FSX. Next in line, Opus grabs that keystroke and decides if it is a command to activate one of the views you've built. If it is, the view is changed to the relevant view. If not, the keystroke is sent on to FSX which does something with it if it is in the list of keystrokes (settings>controls>buttons (or whatever it's called)). If it's in the list, the action is taken. If not, nothing is done. The keystroke is discarded.

Richard

What about shifting joystick keypresses? How can that be done? My main concern is to keep the panning hat also doing what it's supposed to do.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto