Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

Bit harder but again this is the demo and I believe it will be better after purchase which I will do later tonight.

Rich Sennett

Bit harder but again this is the demo and I believe it will be better after purchase which I will do later tonight.

The full version is exactly identical as the demo version, you don't download anything extra to activate it and of course, it would be silly slowing down the demo on purpose...

In any case, with all our tests, CYVR usually performs better than KLAX, provided you have a fast graphic card and, you don't have other addons that affects a lot your GPU, like the ENB series for example, that alone is able to halve the fps.

Hi Virtuali - I know the demo is slowing down but as you can see my pc specs are quite good and I find it harder on the pc than KLAX for sure anyway this is a brilliant airport and thank you, one question are there any tweaks or shut down some options in your addon manager ?

Just an fyi on the purchase version Just bought KFJK last week created a flt plan it would not create properly after I purchased it it work fine so that's kind of where I was coming from.

Rich Sennett

Orbx doesn't seem to address the duplicate files you end up having if you buy some of their payware addons or other addons and use them with their scenery. I have no idea why. But my guess is besides the CYVR files you need to remove from the ORBX scenery folders there might be a seaplane base file or 2 as well. Also if you have Orbx scenery, say KORS, you need to go into the main PNW scenery folder and remove the 2 KORS entries as well. That also will cause OOM errors in the region. Just FYI.

This is a good start for 2013. Finaly a big Canadian airport!

AHMEN to that brother...and CYUL is also not far behind...

Jan 2013 George @ Fly Tampa: FSX version is about a day or two away from completion. Next is FS9 of course & i'm not sure how long it will take yet.

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5717&start=45

The scenery looks fantastic, but I've tried making a flight from CYVR using the PMDG 737NGX, and I get an out of memory error usually within a minute. I don't have this problem with other the other FSDT airports. When I use default FSX airplanes, this problem does not happen. I've tried four times already.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Are these the files?

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

found in FSX/ORBX/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery?

There should be four files:

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_Delta_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl

I moved them to a backup folder and layered FSDT CYVR on top of ORBX PNW

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'm not getting crashes, I'm getting big framerate drops when looking at the terminals. From 30fps to around 20fps is my normal variable. But when looking at the terminals the framerate drops drastically to 9 or 10 for a few seconds and I see stutters when flying.

you might have to slide down than your fsx settings

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The scenery is amazing. The ground texture look so real. No OOM for me i am running Win 7 64 bit, i7 860 with a GTX260. No drop in FPS. I have PNW from orbx as well i have not moved them 4 files yet. I wont be touching them unless i start to have problems with this scenery.

FSdreamteam what is your plans for the next scenery if your willing to share?

Umberto, I have to tell you - I just finished the first flight in and around the airport. My gosh! I've always considered FlyTampa's products and the FlightZone's Portland as the best examples of top-notch scenery, but you have taken them all.

This scenery is the best and most realistic airport I have ever experienced in the FSX world. It drops into Jon Patch's Vancouver Plus like a glove, and I had no issues whatsoever in holding 29.9 - 30 anywhere around the airport or in my heaviest DX10 "testing" area in the business section of downtown Vancouver. My settings are quite high, both traffic, density and complexity: smooth as silk.

This is a much needed major airport for North America, and I can only hope that I live long enough, and my pc holds out, for you to deliver the rest of the large airports. This is a winner - one of the very, very best.

Thank you.

Paul J.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I realize we who run FSX with high settings are doomed once you start stacking addons...

So basically if you want to run this, NGX and orbx you'll want to back off to default LOD of 4.5 for starters.. and drop autogen to at least one tick below max.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I guess with my i5 4.4GHz GTX470 8gb RAM it will run ok. My KLAX performs worst case 22-24FPS with NGX.

Umberto, I have to tell you - I just finished the first flight in and around the airport. My gosh! I've always considered FlyTampa's products and the FlightZone's Portland as the best examples of top-notch scenery, but you have taken them all.

This scenery is the best and most realistic airport I have ever experienced in the FSX world. It drops into Jon Patch's Vancouver Plus like a glove, and I had no issues whatsoever in holding 29.9 - 30 anywhere around the airport or in my heaviest DX10 "testing" area in the business section of downtown Vancouver. My settings are quite high, both traffic, density and complexity: smooth as silk.

This is a much needed major airport for North America, and I can only hope that I live long enough, and my pc holds out, for you to deliver the rest of the large airports. This is a winner - one of the very, very best.

Thank you.

Paul J.

Is this because your running DX10? Your getting super smooth all around and others are getting killed when they look at the terminal. Whats the difference? Hardware specs are somewhat similar and shouldnt be that much of a gap.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm running DX9 with the NGX and ORBX and I'm in the mid 20's for FPS and did a quick test with REX weather on which had heavy clouds and did not notice any issues. It was quite smooth for me and that's with all of my sliders to the right. I will say that I run my LOD at 4.5 and I suspect that maybe what's required here. I'll have to see once I add Vancouver V3. I checked my memory usage and it was around 3.2 gb using Process Explorer.

Brandon Sherzer