Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FSDreamteam CYVR Vancouver is out!

I Have never had a problem with CYVR, Its outstanding, Never had any OOM`s!! There is nothing too fix either. its perfect. Do your self a favour and buy it. you will need a Good PC to enjoy all that FSDT has created with this Beast.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply. Yup, I deleted the Orbx CYVR bgl... however, don't know if there are any others? I guess there would just be the one? Maybe I'll take your lead and investigate that a little more. Do you have any further suggestions based on what I've said...

No I found  2  that needed to be deleted both were in the same folder  though, but  I went thru all my pnw  and nrm  orbox folders and found only 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No I found  2  that needed to be deleted both were in the same folder  though, but  I went thru all my pnw  and nrm  orbox folders and found only 2

Hmm, OK, thanks. I'll double check...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It would be very helpful for potential purchasers and FSDT's bottom line if we could start to see the complainants reporting back in this and similar threads that their issues with FSDT's CYVR have been resolved.

The common problem which happens with any addon is that the complaints come from the very few while the product works as it should for the vast majority. The causes of these issues is most often not the product itself but the individual users and what they've done to their setup.

Howard,

Try removing from the PNW scenery folder ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL,   ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl  

and FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl  . I also think I  remember you saying you have an AI traffic program? Most of those poor programs will include hundreds of airport files which causes many problems at airports where you have added scenery or annother ADE file etc.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Orbx even has duplicate afcads when using different releases of their own scenery! If you install PNW and also buy a few airports too, there is no installer or even info in the readme telling you to remove the afcad and cvx files from the main pnw folder for all the addon airports you have purchased. Apparently nobody there seems to care that this is the biggest cause of oom and performance problems.

If you use a airport scanner  it will pick up the extra airports  that you have on your pc

http://www.flightsimdaily.com/fsx/scruffyduck-releases-fsx-airport-scanner/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The CYVR release, if anything, raised the public AWARNESS that the 4GB limit in FSX is not something that can be ignored anymore. If it wasn't CYVR, it would have been something else. It raised public awareness that DX10 is useful to save memory too, which is not something that is required "just" because of it, BEFORE the 777 was released, I was fairly SURE it would be more memory hungry than the 737NGX so, to those that were sure their OOM were "caused" by CYVR, I always replied "wait until the 777 will be released, and you'll start seeing OOMs in other places too".

So True.. After reading about the FSDT CYVR and Virtuali's explanation about how DX9 maps the video memory and how using DX10 resolves that issue made me move over to DX10 which helped so much with my OOM issues... 

Oh yeah!

On another issue, 

Hmm..I need to go delete those Orbx airport files and re try CYVR.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter