Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianHippie

PMDG NGX GPWS callouts

Hello everyone,

I apologies if this has been posted before but I ran a search on Google and can't seem to find my particular problem.

I fly the NGX 737-800wl and only get SOME of the GPWS callouts. I'll hear the "2500" call out, "1000", "100", "50", "30", "20", and "10". I don't get 40 or any of the other numbers missing from my list. Am I doing something wrong???

I have the panel loaded as DEFAULT with no changes other than setting the altimeter to what the current weather is within the game. I've even tried leaving it at 29.92, adjusting the weather conditions, and loading the tutorial. I know the sound files are present and work.

I'm at a total loss. Please help!

Thanks.

-Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Go to Menu>Setup>Aircraft>Equipment

Within the Equipment page, go to between pages 8 to 11 to configure your EGPWS callouts.

Regards,

JQ

Hi Jordan,

Go to Menu>Setup>Aircraft>Equipment

Within the Equipment page, go to between pages 8 to 11 to configure your EGPWS callouts.

Regards,

JQ

All these can be accessed thru the FMC.

-Jiaqing LEW

'There's no reason to not like flying'

Yep what JQ said,

Also Jordan the GPWS doesn't get it's altitude from the baro altimeter but rather it gets it from the radio altimeter so baro settings doesn't change anything

Thanks JQ! I had no idea that menu existed! Worked like a champ.

Jay, I feel like an idiot. I knew about the radar altimeter and gpws, I fly on C-5s for a living! I have no idea what I was thinking. Hah I was probably too desperate to figure out why it wasn't working I just wasn't thinking straight. Thanks for correcting me.

-Jordan

Jay, I feel like an idiot. I knew about the radar altimeter and gpws, I fly on C-5s for a living! I have no idea what I was thinking. Hah I was probably too desperate to figure out why it wasn't working I just wasn't thinking straight. Thanks for correcting me.

-Jordan

Haha, it happens to the best of us :)