Sign in to follow this  
RCITGuy

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog FSX configuration

Hi Folks

Thought I would start a new thread for Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS configurations within FSX, as there are quite a few other threads which are more "Warthog vs something else", when to be fair, the Warthog is miles above other "desktop" stick controllers :P

So, with the Warthog having soooo many damn buttons and switches :blink: a lot of potential owners (Or existing) might think "How the heck do you keep track of them all?"

Well, I downloaded Henry's "HOTAS control assignment worksheet" and as soon as I opened it I though "Oh god, what do all these names refer to"? (No offence Henry, seriously it is awesome mate)

So, I figured I try something visual, and went hunting for pictures, and after a bloomin age, I found some, and stuck them into a Powerpoint Presentation for all to mess about with... Have attached for your pleasure.. Nice to be able to FINALLY give something that is hopefully useful back to you guys..

So I've been setting mine up exclusively with FSUIPC only, all weekend, and so far, all is fine, no major problems or hiccups, but I do have a few questions..

1. Within FSUIPC Is the APU Start called something else in FSUIPC? When switched it on in the default FSX 737-800, it activates the forward overhead APU, and not the APU Start found beside the light switches labelled "APU Start"??

2. Is there any way to reverse the toggles within FSUIPC because my parking brake switch, and my 2 engine cut-off switches are backwards? If both fuel cut off switches are forwards, in the "Normal" position on the warthog, FSUIPC toggles the fuel to cut-off and if I flick them to "override" the fuel switches go to "Idle" Same for parking brake..

Edit:

I have tried several times to upload the Powerpoint file I made but the forum wont let me attach it to this post, either as ".pptx / .ppt / .zip (If I zip it up) so I had to .PDF'it to attach it here as a "Progress so far" as I intend to use this with the 737NGX, but for speed, I have been setting most things using the default FSX 737..

Had to set my Saitek rudder pedals directly in FSX as FSUIPC just made a mess of the 2 toe-brakes, it had brakes on all the time, and brakes off when I pressed both toe brakes :blink:

See what you think guys, and I hope some of you might know the answers to those 2 questions...

Thanks

Rich

Thanks for the suggestions in the pdf Rich.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I would love to be able to upload it as a powerpoint file so that users can edit it but the forum wont let me..

Anybody know any other way I can share the powerpoint with other warty owners?

Get a free Dropbox account then share the files with that. Dropbox is a fantastic and easy way to share files with other people. You get 2GB of storage for free and for every person who signs up via a referral link you get another 500Mb free per referral.

Click the link below to get yourself and I another 500mb free, please, lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTIxMDMwMjA1OQ

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for the suggestions in the pdf Rich.

gb.

dropbox sez:"nothing here"!!!

chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2