Sign in to follow this  
DerStig

How to find out what's causing the warning beep during takeoff

Hi there,

I have been flying NGX for a few months now. This problem started happening recently whereby when I start my takeoff roll on the runway, I hear "beep beep beep" error sound indicating something serious is wrong or not configured in the aircraft. I haven't changed the way I configure the aircraft since day one and I don't know if there is anyway to know what's causing it. Any help is appreciated.

What are your flaps set to?

1 as per the takeoff page of the CDU. Trim is also set properly (same again as per CDU) - though its sort of hard to see the exact trim number in NGX (MD-11 was digital). So is the anti brakes, spoilers armed, APU off, fuel pumps/hydrolics/packs/etc. I have gone over the tutorial #2 several times, just cannot see what's wrong.

I also always start from cold and dark by loading that panel.

How long does it last? This also happens to me sometimes when I set to/ga for takeoff. But it eventually goes away. I would make sure you have everything set up properly.

Yep, you don't arm the spoilers on the ground for takeoff in the NG, only for landing.

Arming the spoilers for takeoff is one of the things that will generate the warning sound you are hearing

Okay, even without the spoilers I am getting the warning. The warning lasts whether or not I set TOGA or full throttle and lasts till 80 knots.

Please tell me what "everything" is. I am setting everything up correctly and like I said, I started getting this warning only recently. There has to be X number of things that can trigger this error, can someone post a list?

Check:

- A/T armed

- FD on

- parking break released

- spoilers stowed

You can get the whole list from the FCOM documentation that came with he NGX. There are checklists in there.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Ensure that your hardware controllers are not interfering. Sometimes, if my hardware speed brake lever is slightly off, I will receive a warning, even if the speed brakes are not actually extended and the hardware lever is stowed properly. I am guessing that erroneous speed brake inputs may sometimes be carried over from the previous flight.

Have you made any adjustments to your hardware (e.g., new hardware, new sensitivity settings, etc.)?

Ensure that your hardware controllers are not interfering. Sometimes, if my hardware speed brake lever is slightly off, I will receive a warning, even if the speed brakes are not actually extended and the hardware lever is stowed properly. I am guessing that erroneous speed brake inputs may sometimes be carried over from the previous flight.

Have you made any adjustments to your hardware (e.g., new hardware, new sensitivity settings, etc.)?

I have started using the saitek rudder pedals and I am using them with FSUIPC. That's the only difference.

I have started using the saitek rudder pedals and I am using them with FSUIPC. That's the only difference.

Check the toe brake calibration, I think that has caused issues for other users.

You're hearing the t/o configuration warning horn. The four things that cause this are:

1) speedbrake level not fully down

2) parking brake on

3) Not within t/o trim limit (green band)

4) Not a take of flap selected (1-25). I don't actually know if flap 2, which is not a t/o flap, will actually cause a config warning.

Check the toe brake calibration, I think that has caused issues for other users.

Yep that would do it! I gave up on the CH pedals and now use an old joystick with rudder ( makes for interesting crosswind landings)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!