Sign in to follow this  
captain420

EZdok camera or something similar for X-Plane 10?

I love EZDOK Camera for FSX and since I am moving to XPX now, I am wondering if there's anything that does the exact same thing or better?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't know exactly what it is, although many pointed me Ezdok as a "mandatory" add-on for FSX. My idea is that it contributes mainly to create a more "jumpy" sensation when flying the otherwise apparently too stable aircraft in FSX. I believe it also adds cameras. Now, both of these features are natively in X-Plane - the turbulence/wind shift is tuned up compared to the FSX standard, and there are a few easy combinations I don't recall now to create different views and memorize them... I hope I didn't say anything wrong regarding the main features of I believe were once described to me about Ezdok...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes I already have pilotview, however it's not as nice as EZDok. When you jump from one view to another it has this nice transition effect, you can set up and assign up to 255 different cameras and assign them to keyboard or joystick. You can also add motion effects to each camera as well as fine tune each and every setting. It's an awesome addition and makes the flying experience that much better. I wish they would make a version for X-Plane. Pilotview is much more basic.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

My idea is that it contributes mainly to create a more "jumpy" sensation when flying the otherwise apparently too stable aircraft in FSX.

I've often mentioned it before, that it was a joke comment between my wife & I, on various cross country flights.............that we was flying FSX. That's because we were doing close to 200 mph, and we were near motionless, feel wise. The ground just seemed to slowly move by, as we sat there. Much smoother than a train, boat, or car. So.............you don't always want a "jumpy" sensation for realism. For some of these camera effects, I turn them down. I knew the best time of day for smooth (real) flying, and I don't like too much fake turbulence on a computer screen.

I'm an avid fsx user with ezdok and I'm now starting to spend more time in x-plane. I'm going to try out pilot view but from my reading it doesn't look like it is quite as feature rich as ezdok.

I'm a software professional so I might be able to extend pilot view, if it is open source which I think it might be, and if not maybe I'll write an ezca like solution for x-plane.

I'm an avid fsx user with ezdok and I'm now starting to spend more time in x-plane. I'm going to try out pilot view but from my reading it doesn't look like it is quite as feature rich as ezdok.

I'm a software professional so I might be able to extend pilot view, if it is open source which I think it might be, and if not maybe I'll write an ezca like solution for x-plane.

Great news, if you are able to write down some new code would be a big thing. I love EZCA and can't fly w/o it. PilotView is not the same thing and also a bit difficult to setup. there is a lack in x-plane on this point.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Why isn't the in built quick camera sufficient? With the headshake plugin.

+1

Additonally, in the 3D view of the cockpit you can move around within the plane (pressing some keys - not sure about the default ones, as I have modified them for my setup). In case you use TrackIR, you have to disable it temporarily for moving around.

And one more - with the "Free View" (not certain if it is called exactly this way - I'm not on my X-Plane PC) you can move around freely outside of the plane, and explore the world like if you were walking (moving again with the above mentioned keys).

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Keys are

. (period) - Camera Forward

, (comma) - Camera Backward

Arrow keys - left right up down

Ctrl + 1- 9 - save a camera and then 

1-9 to load a camera position

1 - 9 only works with the numpad key so make sure numlock is on. Cameras only work AFDAIK on 3D coclpits. To get to the Camera 3D cockpit use Shift + 9  You can also hold down shift + direction keys for a speed boost..

I'm not in front of X-Plane right now so I aplogise if I've got some of these slightly wrong.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2012/07/the-views-updates-to-a-very-important-system/

We need more cameras positions! 10 positions are just few. Or is there another way arround for getting more shortcuts besides ctrl+0 to 9?

Alexander Colka

If you can do one that plays nicely with TrackIR I'll put down cold hard cash for that.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

@Scotchegg,

If you tie TrackIR to PilotView you can turn TrackIR on and off by Turning PilotView on and off. What is the point? PilotView can be switched on and off with hotkeys, which is way handier than having to go up into the menu to do this. Not sure if they can be remapped from the default ones. I keep meaning to enquire about this from Sandy Barbour. Also X-plane now allows you to use your hat switch if you have TrackIR setup but disengaged through PilotView, which is very handy.

Tom

@Scotchegg,

If you tie TrackIR to PilotView you can turn TrackIR on and off by Turning PilotView on and off. What is the point? PilotView can be switched on and off with hotkeys, which is way handier than having to go up into the menu to do this. Not sure if they can be remapped from the default ones. I keep meaning to enquire about this from Sandy Barbour. Also X-plane now allows you to use your hat switch if you have TrackIR setup but disengaged through PilotView, which is very handy.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I understand PilotView offers 6DOF as opposed to native 4 in XP but I don't think it models head shake like EZDok does it? That's what I'm mainly looking for.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea