Sign in to follow this  
HansRoaming

Getting the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang working in Windows 8

A number of us Flight1 Mustang users are unable to use this aircraft since updating our OS to Windows 8 (i.e. Windows 8 Pro 64bit) and the developer (Jim Rhoads) has indicated that they will not look to resolve the issue until such time they know Windows 8 is solid, possibly a SP1 release in order to avoid unnecessary work, which is a valid position to take.

In the meantime I would like to ask has anyone got their Flight 1 Mustang working under Windows 8 and what if anything did you need to do?

Al an alternative one of us customers swapped out the Garmin 1000 gauge for the default and the aircraft works although without a major feature set.

Has anyone used the Mindstar Garmin 1000 with the Flight 1 Mustang and if so what part of the feature set did you loose please?

Any replies would be appreciated, thanks.

Just prompting to see if anyone has the Flight 1 Mustang working under windows 8 and what did you do if anything to make it work?

I got an old wrapper from 2009. Installed and patched to 1.04 the mustang loads fine. Haven't flown yet but checking systems while being parked everything seems to be working (no framerate drops, System & engines start, playing around with gps, etc.) Only the (invisible) fuel Lever for engine 1 is miising in VC, but exists in 2d.

When I install from the current wrapper 1.07 I can load the Mustang in the freeflight screen but FSX got stuck at 3% when loading the flight.

Also noticed with 1.04 when loaded in free flight screen a window opens showing that navdata is being loaded. I don't have this with 1.07.

Best regards, Mike

FSX Acc.Pack // Windows 8 -64bit

Just a thought, are you guys using the default Windows Defender in Windows 8? Or perhaps you have a 3rd party antivirus/malware program that doesn't disable Windows Defender or you forgot to disable it? I have no issues with 1.07 in Windows 8 64-bit, but I have only tried it after turning of Windows Defender. Defender was causing problems for me with the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0, perhaps that's also the case with the F1 Mustang?