Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

FIRST THOUGHTS

I really want to know how are the frames compared to the c182t. Better or worst!!!

Well, here is my quick summary after 30 minutes of flying her: It is, as much as it pains me to say - STUNNING visuals, lack-luster avionics. But, I think we all were prepared for that given the price point...

Avionics and stuff:

• The Perspective avionics are as limited as the G1000 in the T182T. Flight plan entry (though I'm still playing around with it), limited navdata, maps, etc. However, on the plus side, it easily lends itself to merging with the RXP 430/530 and while it kills realism, it does work well. With that added, I was able to load a multi-waypoint route, fly a coupled LPV approach, and get everything to display on the ND correctly as it should (I had route line redraw issues with the FSAvidyne merged with the ESDG Cirrus)
  • CAPS pull doesn't do anything but reset the flight situation - Lame, but I guess not really needed.
  • Lean assist somewhat functional, somewhat useful
  • MP seems to be off by about 2" in the various phases around the pattern. This could just be my setup though - more testing needed
  • Cruise performance seemed to be pretty as expected, though I'll need to get the book out to check that and fuel consumption - I assume no issues there though.

Visuals:

• Slight - every-so slight critique - The TKS panels on the wing leading edges need to be tweaked to not look so much like boots.
  • The TKS panel on the vertical stabilizer appears to be absent.
  • All of the effects that Carenado has been showing via their Facebook page (prop shine, window scratches, etc.) are awesome!
  • Wish they would have included some of the Xi-edition paint schemes or the "22T" graphic - time to make my own, I guess.

"Mergability"

• Tried a merge with the ESDG G3 SR22T and it does not work. Apparently, ESDG worked in some sort of .mdl check that if not successful, makes the mixture lever stay full aft. So much for getting the best of both worlds. :(

Overall though, I look forward to flying her despite the shortcomings. I DO, however, have way too many fun to fly FSX airplanes now... :( lol

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

I've only messed with it a little bit, but the one thing I have found so far is that it is really hard to taxi.

The turning radius is huge. Full pedal in either direction only gives a slight turn. Have to use differential braking to turn more sharply. Rudder deflection is normal.

The outside view shows that the nose gear is not turning at all.

Hope there is a fix for this or at least something that can be changed in the cfg file.

Jim

I noticed that the wing landing lights do night show in spot view but they show in cockpit view.

How is the flight model? I can't find any feedback anywhere on this one aspect of the aircraft.

Brandon Filer

I've only messed with it a little bit, but the one thing I have found so far is that it is really hard to taxi.

The turning radius is huge. Full pedal in either direction only gives a slight turn. Have to use differential braking to turn more sharply. Rudder deflection is normal.

Hope there is a fix for this or at least something that can be changed in the cfg file.

Jim

Then they've simulated this correctly.. Cirrus aircraft have "free-castering" nose wheels. There is no linkage to the pedals for ground handling.. differential braking is used to turn the nose left/right.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi,

Was unaware that the Cirrus didn't have nose wheel steering. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Jim

Well, here is my quick summary after 30 minutes of flying her: It is, as much as it pains me to say - STUNNING visuals, lack-luster avionics. But, I think we all were prepared for that given the price point...

Avionics and stuff:

• The Perspective avionics are as limited as the G1000 in the T182T. Flight plan entry (though I'm still playing around with it), limited navdata, maps, etc. However, on the plus side, it easily lends itself to merging with the RXP 430/530 and while it kills realism, it does work well. With that added, I was able to load a multi-waypoint route, fly a coupled LPV approach, and get everything to display on the ND correctly as it should (I had route line redraw issues with the FSAvidyne merged with the ESDG Cirrus)
  • CAPS pull doesn't do anything but reset the flight situation - Lame, but I guess not really needed.
  • Lean assist somewhat functional, somewhat useful
  • MP seems to be off by about 2" in the various phases around the pattern. This could just be my setup though - more testing needed
  • Cruise performance seemed to be pretty as expected, though I'll need to get the book out to check that and fuel consumption - I assume no issues there though.

Visuals:

• Slight - every-so slight critique - The TKS panels on the wing leading edges need to be tweaked to not look so much like boots.
  • The TKS panel on the vertical stabilizer appears to be absent.
  • All of the effects that Carenado has been showing via their Facebook page (prop shine, window scratches, etc.) are awesome!
  • Wish they would have included some of the Xi-edition paint schemes or the "22T" graphic - time to make my own, I guess.

"Mergability"

• Tried a merge with the ESDG G3 SR22T and it does not work. Apparently, ESDG worked in some sort of .mdl check that if not successful, makes the mixture lever stay full aft. So much for getting the best of both worlds. :(

Overall though, I look forward to flying her despite the shortcomings. I DO, however, have way too many fun to fly FSX airplanes now... :( lol

I have a quick question, there should be a white nav light on the trailing edge of the wing correct? Looks like they have not included that on there!

Visuals both cockpit (with exception to basic G1000 displays), cabin and exterior are absolutely outstanding in general!

Bug: My one bug reported to Carenado, is a "skipping" sound nearly identical to that of an old record (vinyl) player skipping on the engine sound. This skipping noise appears at an engine setting at about 65% and the Volume of the skip increases with proportionally WITH increase in engine power. I'm certainly no audiophile, but this bug is rather irritating to me. At 100 % power this skipping noise is very noticeable. This is simply a glitch in the sound file for the engine. It should be easily fixable and not a major problem. However, this does need to be fixed. It's rather annoying to say the least at high engine power. The sound is definitely from the engine sound; with cockpit noise muted it is still there. CARENDO PLEASE fix this ASAP in SP1.

Flight model: I've never flown a Cirrus in real life. The flight model seems solid and reasonable. The bird has ALOT of power, power on and power off stall (straight and turning) seemed realistic and solid. In full stall the the nose is controllable with the rudder alone. I was not able to keep a continuous full stall for very long as it recovered very quickly. In a Cessna 172 a continuous full stall can be steered with rudder nicely for a long time. I assume this quick stall recovery is next generation leap in wing design from Cirrus over the old school 1970-1980 Cessna 172 designs. I assume there are enough real life G22 GTS drivers out there to have covered this base. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Frame rates seem to be not severely hampered. G1000 terrain feature seemed to slow thing down a little around heavy mountainous terrain. In typical cruise flight frame rates were pretty good without any notable decrease overall.

Overall, I feel the Carenado S22GTS is a solid product for the price point. Visuals are outstanding and flight model is generally solid. Typical Carendo release minor bugs come included at no cost. This is all based on a quick 30 minute flight from KHIO to S45 ORBX.

Don't expect PMDG level aircraft systems & avionics or RXP level avionics. She's a nice fun bird to fly with ALOT of power.

Cheers,

BillyBob

for whatever reason, i can't but it from the carenado site. I just get this; "error: hapla me'sa no understand-ie this'a language" page. :( never had this prob before.

Frame rates are spoiling a great plane...any chance of doing a "Lite Version"

This is heavier on frames than my NGX, Realair Lanc & anything else in my hanger.

Come on Carenado, please find a way of putting a Lite Version option in the SP please...

Rgds, Shaun

Frame rate heavy and unacceptable level of "Cirrus Perspective" simulation. Very attractive visuals, as usual

Jim

But you can chnage it.

I dont have the plane

this below is example of another plane,

open aircraft.cfg of the plane

[contact_points]

point.0 = 1, -9.20, 0.00, -8.0, 1500, 0, 1.08, 25.0, 1.00, 2.5, 0.9, 7.0, 5.0, 0, 120, 250

point.1 = 1, -83.10, -8.33, -9.4, 3000, 1, 1.85, 0.0, 1.50, 2.5, 0.8, 7.0, 7.0, 2, 120, 250

point.2 = 1, -83.10, 8.33, -9.4, 3000, 2, 1.85, 0.0, 1.50, 2.5, 0.8, 7.0, 7.0, 3, 120, 250

point.3 = 2, -95.75, -53.92, -1.0, 1200, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 5

point.4 = 2, -98.75, 53.92, -1.0, 1200, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 6

point.5 = 2, -139.00, 0.00, 3.0, 1200, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 9

point.6 = 2, -3.00, 0.00, 0.0, 1200, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 4

the Point.0 line, the 8th figure in the example above contain the turn raduis. In the example above it is 25.0

Change this value to 40 or 60 or 80 (or whatever you like). This is the degrees the nose wheel will be able to turn.

Play and experiment to get a value that suit your taste.