•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

EZCA Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brenchen

Brenchen

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

I'm sorry if this problem has been asked and solved before, but I don't know how to ask, let alone search for existing replies. I will try to explain what's happening.

I installed very very limited amount of addon on my current computer, with a freshly installed FSX (with SP1 and 2, but not Acceleration). After that, did some tweaking using Kostas tweak (worked really well), and setup my NVidia Inspector.

Installed NGX base pack and UK2000 EGLL, with REX-Ess+OD, FSGlobals and ENB and that's it.

I then went to install EZCA, all installed, configured and updated to 1.17, but somehow when I load up a flight, the view can default to EZCA view, but whenever I use the hatswitch to look around, it won't budge (I guess this is what EZCA does). The weird thing is, when I use middle mouse button to move the camera around the flightdeck, it won't move, and when I tried to switch some default views, it also doesn't want to work.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain? Anyone experienced this or could point me to look in some directions?

Thanks in advanced.
Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Badfinger

Badfinger

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,955 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hi Brendon,
You need to go to the fsx menu options....controls, select your yoke, and scroll down the views section and remove any default views that ezdok uses like A, S, Shift A, Shift S and any pan views that is used by FSX as well. What is happening is the default views are in conflict with ezdok.

Julian Evans

Banner_MJC8.png

#3 dcgator29

dcgator29

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 3 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

It doesn't sound like you have conflicting controls in FSX, as you'd still see some jumping and wonky views. I think you need to redownload the flight1 wrapper and reinstall. Sometimes you can't reuse the extracted exe. EZCA security won't be verified and nothing will work. Happened to me when I reinstalled FSX

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Brent Baker

#4 Brenchen

Brenchen

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 6 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Thanks guys for the reply. Indeed reinstalling from F1 was what was needed. Now that's done its all working fine! Thanks for the advices.
Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!