Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

Aces Team Members Back On Task

If you don't have Orbx login...

"And the good news - there are several former ACES devs busy with fixing and improving FSX (ESP) core code (including DX10/DX11 compatibility). They have now a contract at Lockheed Martin."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Damn...guess I am gonna have to get P3D someday :lol:

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Superb news indeed. Will solve some of the OOM problems!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I thought they brought on some former ACES members many months ago. Have they brought on more recently?

Brandon Filer

Damn...guess I am gonna have to get P3D someday :lol:

p3d is a very improved fsx, get it! I bought 2 Academic Licenses :drinks:

Any hope the code will be revised to greatly improve access to multicore machines, 6-core, 12-core? I'm assuming moving to 64-bit looks doubtful, sadly.

Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Stay tuned!

Cheers

jja

Teaser!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Now to get Phil Taylor and Bojote back into the mix!

Phil was a good diplomat, but I felt as a PM he didn't put enough energy into "selling" FSX 64bit and DX10 (in addition to the 32bit compatible product) to the "mothership" as he called it. Looks like Phil is working for Intel Gaming now ... I should contact one of my Intel engineer friends that's currently working on Larrabee and see if he knows Phil.

If you look at Phil's linked in profile

2) Designed features for Train Simulator 2, Flight Simulator 11, and ESP v2.0, in the graphics, terrain, and simulation areas.
oh what could have been if Microsoft were able to look at the bigger picture ... IMHO Microsoft OWED the continued survival of FS, it was a key Microsoft gaming application that put Microsoft on the map for games.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what the P3D folks come up with.