Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Captainsim 777

I was just checking captainsim page and saw that they released 1.0 version and 300ER expansion also last week. I was thinking that is this matches the quality of PMDG products? Its kinda pricey so I want to know what you think about it first.

It is definitely not in the league of PMDG. However if you can't wait for the PMDG and you don't mind a few bugs then go for it. If you can wait and you are expecting something PMDG quality then don't buy it because you will not enjoy your time flying it.

I have it. I've flown exactly 11 flights with it, one for each service pack release, and then one for the -200LR. All have ended in great frustration in one thing or another. All I have to say is this, if you want (almost) all the models of the 777, and one VC to go with them, then buy it, and hangar it until v.1.1 comes, then the horrendous VNAV issues should be fixed.

I got mine for 9.99 euros the day it came out as an exterior model, that is the price that they really should be offering right now.

Wait till it's on sale for 9 Euros - you'll be happy you didn't pay €60. I don't know how they even justify that price.. It's MORE than the NGX!

They're hopeful aren't they..

I have not heard a lot of other complaints regarding frames, but, it is 10-12 fps lower than the NGX in comparable situations on my system. Enough so that I don't even bother with it.

Joe Lorenc

oh oh another cpt. sim :t0148: pmdg topic :lol: PMDG only makes VC's, Captain Sim gives you the whole plane and it's great once you learn the plane by reading all the pdf's in the package. :drinks:

^Unlike their other packages though in the 777 you have to choose between a VC or a cabin.

^Unlike their other packages though in the 777 you have to choose between a VC or a cabin.

That's worth remembering indeed. I was a bit disappointed when I became aware of that, who on earth would willingly trade virtual cockpit for virtual cabin?

I hope they would make a version which includes virtual cockpit and part of cabin with it, like with the 757. Though I bet by then PMDG 777 would be ready for release and after that I wouldn't care about this product anymore.

For a lot more info, you can also check this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397796-cs-b777-service-pack-10-released/. For what it's worth, it's working mostly fine on my system and I'm enjoying it a lot. Please keep in mind that a lot of people here bash Captain Sim over earlier disappointments or just for the bashing itself. Not saying they're the best around, but I suggest to take random "installed it, hated it, deleted it, not worth the space" posts with a grain of salt.

If they are good like shown in the video why people dislike them?

if you own xplane10, you can try their version also which is amazing:

If they are good like shown in the video why people dislike them?

Not to sound insulting here, but if you think you can judge a 3rd party aircraft for FS based on a video of a cabin and a wingview then you're pretty much Captain Sim's intended market. It's one thing to be able to put a texture on a 3D polygon of an aircraft seat, it's another to simulate accurately fuel burn and "quirks" such as transient door warnings.

Captain Sim in visuals look good, but the simulated systems and flight dynamics from what I have learnt when I purchased the 757 a few years back are very very poor!

Without criticising the T7, from what I have read and seen, its nothing different from their previous products...great visuals, but poor flight dynamics and systems.

Their main focus seems to be the graphical side, rather than the most important bit, which is the aircraft systems, system management and the overall 'realistic' flight characteristics of the aircraft...