:( Hi my name is andrew, i have a some problems with the lights on my aircrafts.

On the ground the lights are in position and ok, strobe, landing, position......

When takeoff around 2000 or 3000 feets the lighs disappear,

Im using the dx10 on fsx, and i install al the patches or I tried all possible solutions, fixes of dx10

have any idea or solution??

Thanks!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I could not replicate. What aircraft(s) were you flying? The default? The nav lights on the default aircrafts is a problem for the most part with DX9 and DX10. They are very weak and difficult to see. That's why many have gone and bought the A2A Shockwave Lights. I tried the PMDG737NGX and took it up to 4000 and the lights were still on.

Best regards,

Jim

I just noticed this might have been fixed here - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377635-dx10-nav-lights-experimental-fix/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

jim thank you very much for your answer!

I saw the post a few days ago but not attached file "ballast.txt"

I contacted the person who created the post but still no answer.

Where I can get that file? you have it? I can send it to my email?

carbone.garcia@gmail.com

I could not replicate. What aircraft(s) were you flying? The default? The nav lights on the default aircrafts is a problem for the most part with DX9 and DX10. They are very weak and difficult to see. That's why many have gone and bought the A2A Shockwave Lights. I tried the PMDG737NGX and took it up to 4000 and the lights were still on.

Best regards,

Jim

I just noticed this might have been fixed here - http://forum.avsim.n...perimental-fix/

Try this, Carbone. Be sure to backup each file before you put these into the "Effects" folder.

Let me know it it works, please!

All the Best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks PJ.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry for the delay, I just had time to try...... this fix solves the problem for default aircraft.

Use the A2a Shockwave lights and I solved the problem, for all aircraft in DX10 lights will not go away, this producto or addon is very compatible!

Thanks for your help

Try this, Carbone. Be sure to backup each file before you put these into the "Effects" folder.

Let me know it it works, please!

All the Best,

Hmm i also have "lost" my default DX10 navigations lights on default aircraft after a reinstall. Might go with A2A then ?

Michael Moe

Hi guys; at a risk of slightly hijacking this thread - during some testing over the last couple of days I discovered that my Shockwave (MS default aircraft, nav and beacon) lights had, at some time, developed squares around them.

In checking with A2A it seems I am not alone, as there are quite a number of others who have this same problem, and A2A has no conclusive solution.

I reverted to the stock ShadersHLSL folder, un-installed the DX10 Fixer, and reverted the system back to DX9. The problem still existed. I un-installed the lights, rebooted, checked that the lights had been removed, and ran FSX again - the default lights working perfectly. I then re-installed the SW lights, update 1.2 and 1.2a (which is supposed to fix the squares

Included in v.1.2a
- Fixes square lights issue on some installations

... and... the lights were back to squares. The lights did work, and were, initially a good solution to the DX10 aircraft lights problem - but Steve's latest DX10 Fixer does it all, without any side effects, so the upshot now being that Shockwave lights - may or may not work on some systems.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi guys; at a risk of slightly hijacking this thread - during some testing over the last couple of days I discovered that my Shockwave (MS default aircraft, nav and beacon) lights had, at some time, developed squares around them.

In checking with A2A it seems I am not alone, as there are quite a number of others who have this same problem, and A2A has no conclusive solution.

I reverted to the stock ShadersHLSL folder, un-installed the DX10 Fixer, and reverted the system back to DX9. The problem still existed. I un-installed the lights, rebooted, checked that the lights had been removed, and ran FSX again - the default lights working perfectly. I then re-installed the SW lights, update 1.2 and 1.2a (which is supposed to fix the squares

Hej Poul

I have not even tried the A2A yet but i do not have Wing (red and green) and Strobe lights on Default aircraft,. On the NGX i dont have the navigations lights (red and green on wing end)

Any ideers ?

Shader 3.2.2 offcause and installed the bonus lights tweak aswell :-)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hey, Michael:

If you have installed the lights from the 3.2.2 patch, you should have the nav lights on the default aircraft. The Readme is straightforward, and this fix does work.

I suggest 1). Open up the Bonus\Lights\Readme.txt and go over the installation steps: i.e going to the %FSX%\Effects\ folder and checking that the six files included in the patch are, in fact, there:

2). opening up the particular (C172, for e.g) aircraft.cfg and following the Readme steps of checking for, or adding the extra three lines - light.0, 1 & 2.

The NGX, I can't help, as I don't have it.

Last - the lights are fully fixed in the DX10 Fixer - I will be posting some shots of several different aircraft later in the day. I don't think it will be long before there's a release date, so you might just want to be patient! When it comes, you will see that it has been worth the wait!

All the Best,

peej

HELP!!!

After months and months of flawless performance from the Fixer, I've suddenly "acquired" the Shockwave square nav lights thing. All my A2A aircraft + any others set to use Shockwave lights suffer this problem (other aircraft are OK).

So far, I've done this:

1) Re-installed the default shaders.

2) Reinstalled Shockwave lights.

3) Tried copying over fx from the Fixer backup directory.

4) Flipped the Fixer back and forth between DX9 and DX10.

None of these have worked.

One thing that's *never* been clear to me (and now I can't remember what setting I had it on) ... in the "Lights" section, should the "Exclude Shockwave Lights" option be ticked or not? Do the Shockwave lights NOT need "fixing" (and therefore to be excluded) - or the other way round? I've tried both: neither work at the moment.

Recently, I re-installed FTX/NZSI (that has the new FTX GLobal Lights system). I'm wondering whether that's coincidental.

What do I do next? What's the procedure? H-E-L-P!!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

A sure sign of incipient madness ... but I'm going to answer my own post!

The problem turned out to be a missing texture (fx_2.bmp). This is one of the critical files the Fixer checks on a fresh install. Removing and attempting to reinstall the libraries indicated the file had gone AWOL. Along with fx_1.bmp (also gone) these 2 textures occur quite commonly in FSX effects ... so be warned!

Thankfully, I had a relatively recent backup of my effects folder so I could restore it - along with a few others that seemed to have self-destructed.

The moral to this story (apart from the obvious one of keeping backups) is to be *very wary* of uninstalling aircraft using built-in uninstallers. I think that's what took these textures out. None of the effects/textures files are large, so I suspect it's safer to just delete the simobjects/aircraft folder and leave the effects/gauges items where they were.

Adam.

A sure sign of incipient madness ... but I'm going to answer my own post!

The problem turned out to be a missing texture (fx_2.bmp). This is one of the critical files the Fixer checks on a fresh install. Removing and attempting to reinstall the libraries indicated the file had gone AWOL. Along with fx_1.bmp (also gone) these 2 textures occur quite commonly in FSX effects ... so be warned!

Thankfully, I had a relatively recent backup of my effects folder so I could restore it - along with a few others that seemed to have self-destructed.

The moral to this story (apart from the obvious one of keeping backups) is to be *very wary* of uninstalling aircraft using built-in uninstallers. I think that's what took these textures out. None of the effects/textures files are large, so I suspect it's safer to just delete the simobjects/aircraft folder and leave the effects/gauges items where they were.

Adam.

Thanks for your input on this Adam, I was having a couple of issues so  I used Michael Swannick's  FSX lights, which seem to fix them which include the file you mentioned, however I still have a problem with AI landing lights in so much they are to dim. Have tried changing  dx fixer settings but to no avail.

Thanks for your input on this Adam, I was having a couple of issues so  I used Michael Swannick's  FSX lights, which seem to fix them which include the file you mentioned, however I still have a problem with AI landing lights in so much they are to dim. Have tried changing  dx fixer settings but to no avail.

I'm not sure how you get around this, normally. I have Shockwave Lights running with UT2 - and some custom SW lights added to the AI cfg files. That combo seems OK.

However - I find FSX in general "underplays" the strength of landing lights. In RL, you can see them for *miles*. I also think runway lighting is generally too dim. RL pilots say they can often see the lights at London Heathrow from the French side of the Channel (!).

Adam.

I'm not sure how you get around this, normally. I have Shockwave Lights running with UT2 - and some custom SW lights added to the AI cfg files. That combo seems OK.

However - I find FSX in general "underplays" the strength of landing lights. In RL, you can see them for *miles*. I also think runway lighting is generally too dim. RL pilots say they can often see the lights at London Heathrow from the French side of the Channel (!).

Adam.

Thanks for your reply Adam, I was going thro' Paul's guide before I replied to your post this morning and was thinking of going down that road as I also run UT2 so I will give a try.