Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Looking for freeware mesh and landclass for Abbotsford Canada

Does anyone know where I can find freeware mesh and landclass for Abbotsford Canada? I have a nice freeware scenery of the airport (CYXX) and mesh plus landclass would make it even nicer.

The freeware mesh part I can't help you with, but as far as landclass goes, Flight Ontario has a landclass package that covers the western provinces. It's pretty decent for the prairies anyways, haven't really flown much in BC with it yet. I usually tweak it a bit anyways for areas that I'm really familiar with.

Which brings me to the suggestion that if you want to adjust / create your own, there's a lot of utilities out there that let you do this. My favorite for pure landclass creation / adjustment is a tool built in MS Excel called EZ-Landclass. Super easy to use.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Does anyone know where I can find freeware mesh and landclass for Abbotsford Canada?

Have you tried these mesh files? Download the Terrain Map and I think you'll need NA82 for CYXX.

RJ

Thanks guys. I downloaded the Flight Ontario landclass, but I can not download the mesh. It says the files can not be found.

Would seem NA82 and all the other files are no longer available from the directed to site.

Echofox

It says the files can not be found.

That's a shame. Maybe ask to see if the links can be fixed here.

RJ

There was some nice freeware mesh's for British Columbia that Holger Sandman created if they are still available from the Avsim library

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

There was some nice freeware mesh's for British Columbia that Holger Sandman created if they are still available from the Avsim library

Holger Sandmann did some nice mesh. In fact, his Canadian Rockies mesh changed me for ever about mesh. After using that mesh, I bought FSGenesis :rolleyes: and have never looked back.

RJ

I can not download the mesh. It says the files can not be found.

Would seem NA82 and all the other files are no longer available from the directed to site.

Echofox

Got it figured out, you can download the mesh files here

RJ

It's not what you asked, but you could spend $40 and buy Orbx FTX Blue Pacific Northwest and get a great Abbotsford, the mesh, the terrain textures and oodles of other airports all in one package.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

It's not what you asked, but you could spend $40 and buy Orbx FTX Blue Pacific Northwest and get a great Abbotsford, the mesh, the terrain textures and oodles of other airports all in one package.

Isn;t Orbix FTX for FSX? I use FS9.

Isn;t Orbix FTX for FSX? I use FS9.

Sorry. I didn't see that in your original post. Never mind.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.