Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Sim Physics X released

Phisycs X adds more realistic icing and friction, and while I totally agree that FSX lacks these features out of the box, 40 Euros for this is not a realistic expectation....

Well like said it includes also features of these products:'

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-runway-bumping-effect.phtml

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-3d-real-cockpit-effect.phtml

Oh, I thought that you had to have those add-ons already to use them with Physics... Well, that certainly changes the picture a bit.

I'd be interested in a review myself. Especially one that compares with default FSX and with Accu-Feel. It looks like several feature will conflict with Accu-Feel, and you'll have to turn head movement effects off in either OpusFSX or this product or they'll conflict.

"Using a button on joystick for Brakes, to use Anti-Skid functionality"

Say goodbye to your toe brakes if you want to use this.

"Implements to FSX ice accumulation on your aircraft. Using complex theoretic models adds or remove ice to your aircraft in relation to the weather conditions.

No more a single “ICE DETECTED” in your display. You will have to handle it.

Ice accumulation can produce drag, extra weight on the aircraft, and even alters the pilot's inputs in the control surfaces to simulate the controls deficiency."

Anyone here ever fly into severe icing with default FSX without structural anti-ice equipment? The last thing I want is something making it WORSE. There's a freeware gauge that will handle all this if you really want it.

"Your brakes now get hotter if you use them"

This one sounds good, including brake fade.

"Implements to FSX corrections to aircraft performance for Accelerating into the runway for takeoff" etc including surface differences.

This one sounds like it's taken care of by the FSUIPC changes. I don't know about anyone else, but I can sure tell a difference when landing on a snowy or wet runway even in default.

"FSUIPC registered version is required to enjoy 100% this functionality"

I guess I was right.

"Integration of previously released Runway Bumping Effect, with perfected logic and expanded the simulation of producing sound and visual effects when passing over the runway centerline lights"

The effect I saw in the video released previously is something I wouldn't want. Ever. Even if it was exaggerated for the purposes of the video, it looks way over the top.

"Head movement for spoilers/flaps/gear expansion when airborne dependant on Airspeed and never the same, head movement for cloud and air turbulence, head movement during rolling in the runway, during main gear touchdown, and nose wheel touchdown depending on how soft or hard the landing was. Head movement on every passing a centerline runway light."

Don't you DARE move my head! I've already got the viewpoint inertia set the way I want. You wanna move the aircraft, be my guest, but for the most part it already does the way it's supposed to. You want your viewpoint to bounce around, change the inertia. Accu-Feel does all of this except the runway lights.

"Expanded sound effects: For braking, locking up the wheels (the squealing sound) , for rolling, for flaps/spoilers/gear extensions in air, for passing over every runway light. The effect's volume, pitch and frequency is dependent or aircraft's speed and in braking category by brake's temperature"

This sounds good. Most of it is already covered by Accu-Feel.

"Real – Time Charts that monitor crucial aircraft systems.

Airport Information screen that represents numerous airport and runway data, plus a detailed weather data screen.

Aircraft Information screen that represents all crucial and integrated in Sim Physics X system feedback."

This sounds really good. I'd like to see screen shots.

"All Sim Physics X subsystems can be turned on and off, fully customizable settings menu"

Good, good...

"License Transfer automation. No need to contact support anymore if you want to install the program in a second (or the same updated) computer."

Excellent! :)

I've seen a gauge that handles various systems failures, and I believe it's freeware. I suspect the failure handing in this program will be better.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The effect I saw in the video released previously is something I wouldn't want. Ever. Even if it was exaggerated for the purposes of the video, it looks way over the top.

Well you an configure sound volume, amount of visual effects and other stuff easily through the program any time you want, during a flight too.

But yeah I got to do some more testing with this.

Good write-up. Larry. I was looking into the same thing, the comparison to Accufeel.

I am really interested in the Ice condition, but found unfair that major addon maker don't add this features.

Buyng 35€ for icing condition is a little expensive.

I have the motion with Opusfsx even if the 3d effect is more interesting, (maybe opus will evolve in this) and find not really natural the runway bumping effect its' like small explosion on cargo bay LOL.

I'm still really very interested in hearing some feedback from people who have actually purchased the software and have it on their computer, not so much of the "assuming" how it might-otta be from those who haven't purchased it yet.

Please, someone who has purchased and tried the software, preferably also runs Accu-Feel and/or Opus, please post your feedback and opinions.

"realistic icing and friction"

FSCaptain has simulated these events for over a year:

"Thunderstorms are dangerous now and need to be avoided. Icing is a real threat, and runways and taxiways can be slippery and dangerous. Don't forget to use your anti-ice. Have you been ignoring things like cabin pressure and temperature? You can be sure your passengers won't ignore them, so you better not."

If you're looking for these features, I'd strongly recommend you take a look at FSCaptain; it does much more for the same price....

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Hmm yeah I forgot that FSCaptain has many of this stuff too...

Oh well, at least it's still worth for me because of those sound effects, I've found new version of Accufeel not to work very well on my system.

I've found new version of Accufeel not to work very well on my system.

What was the problem with Accu-Feel? I have a workaround for a possible bug.

Hook

Larry Hookins

What was the problem with Accu-Feel? I have a workaround for a possible bug.

Well I had some problems with turbulence showing up, other effects seemed to work though but I chose to disable Accufeel completely for now, and then I had to do full FSX reinstall.

And yeah I might do some kind of a review of this product some point later, I had last week full of school work & I had to do full reinstall of FSX and now I've been downloading AI traffic for Ultimate Traffic 2 so I haven't had much time to fly yet.

Well I had some problems with turbulence showing up

Good, I was hoping that's what it was. I found a problem tonight with an aircraft and need some additional test cases.

Try this: load the aircraft with a custom weather theme with severe turbulence set. Fly into the turbulence to see what it's like. Open the Accu-Feel menu and write down your settings. Click on Aircraft Default, then on Save and Exit without changing anything. Then open the Accu-Feel menu again and restore your settings. Set turbulence gusts and global turbulence to max if you wish to test them. Save and Exit. Let us know what happens.

Holland: yeah, that's the freeware ice gauge I had in mind.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Hey, is this thread about Accu-Feel, or Sim-PhysicsX?

I would like to see some feedback or reviewing on Sim-PhysicsX.

"realistic icing and friction"

FSCaptain has simulated these events for over a year:

"Thunderstorms are dangerous now and need to be avoided. Icing is a real threat, and runways and taxiways can be slippery and dangerous. Don't forget to use your anti-ice. Have you been ignoring things like cabin pressure and temperature? You can be sure your passengers won't ignore them, so you better not."

If you're looking for these features, I'd strongly recommend you take a look at FSCaptain; it does much more for the same price....

Do you own Sim-PhysicsX? Does Sim-PhysicsX do these things better than FSCaptain? Inquiring minds want to know.