What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
- WTB EVGA GTX780
- I've Logitech G27 mint condition Swap.
. . .
Help me adjust viewpoint in virtual cockpit
Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:47 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:32 PM
First make a backup copy, then
Look for the initialzoom parameter under each [cameradefinition.n] you want to change.
For example InitialZoom = 1.0 and change the value to your needs. (0.85, 0.75 etc.)
There are a bunch of other params you can play with, like InitialXys and InitialPbh
Have a look here:Aircraft Configuration Files and here Camera Configuration
If you need further help, just call.
Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:03 PM
eyepoint=48.0,-5.0,6.6 //first number is horz.(larger moves your eyepoint to the rear)...2nd number is lateral...3rd number is vertical..
The above numbers are just an example
Piper WarriorII N406DR
Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:24 AM
I also read somewhere a long time ago that that the initial zoom position is taken from the saved Default Flight i.e. set up your a/c with the zoom the way you want it, and save the flight. Thereafter any flight you start (not just the default one) will have that zoom value. I'm not close to FS at the moment, so I can't confirm it, but easy enough to test.
As for setting up camera views from outside of FSX, OpusFSX is by far the best/easiest product to use IMO. Plus it does a whole load more besides.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:32 AM
Been working for me since 2006....Don,t hardly ever use zoom....Changing vc,s from ac to ac has always required changing the eyepoint in the .cfg for me...To each his own..
Agreed - whatever works for you ! I think that method works fine provided you don't use any other views (typically specific panel views, especially any on the side walls) that are based on the same viewpoint in the VC. Shouldn't be a problem for normal flying or if you just use the hatswitch to pan around.