What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- 50+ minutes left to buy Flight Factors 757 for X-Plane 10
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Help me adjust viewpoint in virtual cockpit
Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:47 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:32 PM
First make a backup copy, then
Look for the initialzoom parameter under each [cameradefinition.n] you want to change.
For example InitialZoom = 1.0 and change the value to your needs. (0.85, 0.75 etc.)
There are a bunch of other params you can play with, like InitialXys and InitialPbh
Have a look here:Aircraft Configuration Files and here Camera Configuration
If you need further help, just call.
Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:03 PM
eyepoint=48.0,-5.0,6.6 //first number is horz.(larger moves your eyepoint to the rear)...2nd number is lateral...3rd number is vertical..
The above numbers are just an example
Piper WarriorII N406DR
Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:24 AM
I also read somewhere a long time ago that that the initial zoom position is taken from the saved Default Flight i.e. set up your a/c with the zoom the way you want it, and save the flight. Thereafter any flight you start (not just the default one) will have that zoom value. I'm not close to FS at the moment, so I can't confirm it, but easy enough to test.
As for setting up camera views from outside of FSX, OpusFSX is by far the best/easiest product to use IMO. Plus it does a whole load more besides.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:32 AM
Been working for me since 2006....Don,t hardly ever use zoom....Changing vc,s from ac to ac has always required changing the eyepoint in the .cfg for me...To each his own..
Agreed - whatever works for you ! I think that method works fine provided you don't use any other views (typically specific panel views, especially any on the side walls) that are based on the same viewpoint in the VC. Shouldn't be a problem for normal flying or if you just use the hatswitch to pan around.