What's New In The File Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- saitek yoke pro with burned card
- DCS World Flash Sale July 31 - Aug 3
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- "Shaker" pair for sale (Transducer and Amplifier)
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
. . .
Help me adjust viewpoint in virtual cockpit
Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:47 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:32 PM
First make a backup copy, then
Look for the initialzoom parameter under each [cameradefinition.n] you want to change.
For example InitialZoom = 1.0 and change the value to your needs. (0.85, 0.75 etc.)
There are a bunch of other params you can play with, like InitialXys and InitialPbh
Have a look here:Aircraft Configuration Files and here Camera Configuration
If you need further help, just call.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:24 AM
I also read somewhere a long time ago that that the initial zoom position is taken from the saved Default Flight i.e. set up your a/c with the zoom the way you want it, and save the flight. Thereafter any flight you start (not just the default one) will have that zoom value. I'm not close to FS at the moment, so I can't confirm it, but easy enough to test.
As for setting up camera views from outside of FSX, OpusFSX is by far the best/easiest product to use IMO. Plus it does a whole load more besides.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:32 AM
Been working for me since 2006....Don,t hardly ever use zoom....Changing vc,s from ac to ac has always required changing the eyepoint in the .cfg for me...To each his own..
Agreed - whatever works for you ! I think that method works fine provided you don't use any other views (typically specific panel views, especially any on the side walls) that are based on the same viewpoint in the VC. Shouldn't be a problem for normal flying or if you just use the hatswitch to pan around.