Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Repaints Part II

If the weather is as bad as they say it'll be (this weekend), I'll start on this one. Now that i have my grids made from the last one, should only take a day:

4697437exterior.jpg

Here is the same paint scheme, but different tail number. Both planes are Cutter Aviation Meridians in Texas. I plan on using the N497C number, and the neat little cowboy hat graphic/logo. It's a silver base, brandywine, and black design. The black and the brandy wine colors bleed down onto the front edge of the wings. Our Jetprops dont have the Meridians 45 degree wedge stiffener on the root of the wings, but thats no problem. I'll start Friday night, and upload it when she's done. Thanks All! Hope you enjoy. The brandywine color I plan to use is a Harley Davidson color that has gold flake in it. Not sure how to pull that off, but should be an interesting effect if I can replicate it.

36505101514116875600507.jpg

Beautiful looking paintjob to model. Haven't been flying the JetProp much lately, so this'll help re-ignite that fuse when you get 'er done.

Scott

Update:

Well, wouldn't you know it.. I guess I deleted my grids... so I'm having to start from scratch: This is what I did with about 4 hours work. It's just preliminary stuff. Would like some opinions about the "silver" color. Too Dark? Too Light? This may take more then a day though!

---

20132162512847.jpg

20132162430957.jpg

201321624067.jpg

You've done pretty well so far, I should try the silver some lighter, but that's my opinion. This is gonna be a beauty again!

Looking good. I'm going to agree that I'd take the silver just a bit lighter.

Scott

Agree... so I pulled the silver from the real plane photos.. turns out to be more of a blueish color... but I like it. Body is done, working on wings and bottom fuse.

newsilver1.jpg

newsilver2.jpg

Ok, putting it down for a day. 12 hours in, almost there. I remember why I dont like re-paints now. :huh:

almostdone.jpg

hattm.jpg

Update: Ok, nearly done. Just working on alignments... the rudder giving me the super head ache of all time. Carenado gets praise galore on their graphics, but holy smoke, there is nothing asymmetrical about this puppy. Of course we are only talking about pixels here and there, but it's enough to have to do one side completely different. Not to blow my own horn, but I believe the brandy wine color I was able to create, is my very best effort at a real metallic color. It really pops with nice depth in sun up, sun set, and clouds over head (DX10 really smokes!). I wasted a day getting that color right. Silver base, brandy wine, dark gold flake, and light gold flake make up that single color. I'm putting it down tonight before I go cross eyed.

overallw.jpg

bottomj.jpg

metalicgoldflake.jpg

The Dreaded rudder, with alignment marks to show you what a pain it's been:

tailu.jpg

That looks terrific good! Cannot await to start my Malibu again with this special repaint after having done so many hours with the B200 and C90B!

Thanks for sharing this with us!