Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

No Missions in new Win7 install

I posted this message in FSX forum, but seems to have disappeared with no replies (just like my missions :-),

New computer, new install of FSX on a separate HDD, missions in Missions folder, but they do not appear in my FSX missions dropbox. Googled this problem andI tried removing them and repairing FSX from disc, copying missions from old computer, removing **Missions.xml from new computer before repair, copied old .xml files over, etc. but still no missions.

Is there a problem with missions having FSX in a separate HDD (I would think not) ? Also, if I copied the mission files from the old computer (FSX in C:\Program Files) - is that a problem, since new install may be looking in C:\Program files instead of D:\FSX ?

I really would like to fly some missions, but am very frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Also, is there a way to simply copy the .FLT etc. files from the missions folder to the Flights folder ?

Thanks for any help.

Dave Hinson

Well, finally got missions back by another reinstall of FSX.  Used PMDG recommendations for uninstall/reinstall.  However, SOME missions have voice and mission pointer, SOME do not.  Any missions downloaded from AVSIM seem OK.

I have checked the .flt file for the missions, and find an entry entitled Sound=(True/False).  What is this entry for ?  However, even if this is True, missions still have no voice.

What is the key to having voice in missions ?  Is it in the .flt file, or something else ?

I have been fighting this for weeks now, and would like to get it solved.  Any ideas ?  Mission builders help ?

Dave...

I have no idea how to help.  I have one copy (I think Gold... could be the separately boxed version... dunno as I have like 3 or 4) that installed on XP x64 Pro... no problems there.

Recent build on Win 7 x64 Pro using the Gold boxed set and no problems with missions that I see so far.  Only thing I see different from you (maybe) is I installed the SDK... dunno if that makes a difference or not (I would think not but  :unknw: ).

Also, is there a way to simply copy the .FLT etc. files from the missions folder to the Flights folder ?

Not sure what you are trying to do here or why... but to answer the question (I think)... just do a wildcard search in the Missions folder for *.FLT and they should appear... then copy / paste of course.

Rob

Thanks, Rob,

No, I was just wondering if there were anything in the .flt file that might affect this problem.  The only thing I find in that file is the line Sound=(True/False), but even if that is True still no voice in the mission.  SOME few missions have a pointer/compass, but no voice.  Very funny.

Anyway, this new install is a very clean (I think) one on a separate, reformatted disc.  (FSX only installed on it).  I checked ALL the MS installed missions, and NONE have voice.  They do have engine sounds, etc.  ALL of downloaded, non MS missions are OK.

I hate to have to reinstall FSX, but don't think that would do any good, as now I have a complete new install.  The missions on the old computer also have the problem.

Very strange.  Oh, well, I have flown all the MS missions already on earlier install, so guess I will just go with new downloaded missions.

Thanks for the effort.

I posted this message in FSX forum, but seems to have disappeared with no replies (just like my missions :-),

Here's the "missing missions" post in the FSX Forum - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/399035-missing-missions/.  If you place your cursor over your user name or open up your profile, you will see a "Find Content" section which will list all of your posts.

Here's a list of missions for Acceleration - http://www.fsxrewards.com/missions/acceleration.html.  They will not work without Acceleration installed.  Plus some addon missions require Acceleration.  Your profile indicates you just have FSX installed.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, Jim

I don't have ACC installed - some people say if you don't fly from carriers, etc., you don't need ACC - sometimes causes some problems.  Actually, I did have it installed but had trouble re-activating upon transferring to new computer, so I uninstalled it.

None of my ORIGINAL Microsoft FSX deluxe missions have any voice.

Seems to be an almost insoluable problem (for me at least !).

You should at least install SP2 as it contains upgrades to FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thought I had SP2 installed.  Will check.  Thanks again.

Dave, when you say "... None of my Original ... Missions have any voice..." do you have a Sound Folder in the mission(s) in wuestion? If you do, can you 'play' any of the indiviual xxx.wav files (using Windows Media Player or similar) and do you hear something? I think that FSX needs the .wav files to be 'playable' for you to hear them.

Hope that helps in some way!

Cheers - Dai.