Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Sweet G1000 Hardware

Have you guys seen this on Flight1 Aviation Tech facebook page?

I would use this... for what you get it's not horribly priced...

g0000.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Haha, yeah my wife wouldn't be very happy if I splurged on this one.

New Canon L glass (two of them!) or F1 G1000 hardware???? :wub:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ooh that GNS530 looks awesome. Only $750 bucks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

5 grand. WooEE. I have to sell a lot of donuts.

Oh, I don't sell donuts, now what?

Bob

For what its worth, i use the same G1000 software that rig runs, i purchased it for $250. Deperatly needed something with terrain awareness for P3D. The software is certified to run on P3D.

That was the good part, its very cpu intensive, so only option is external system such as this rig, but honestly the software is incomplete many issues for something $250, cant set time on the device, crashes, lots of features/options in the real garming manual are not implemented, so youd may be wasting your time refering real garmin manual, which does come with the installation.

All in all, cant speak for using this Flight 1 Aviation Garmin 1000 software externally, but the PC version of the software is terrible for $250.

If that rig not running Flight 1 Aviation Garmin appologies

I'm so glad I am a steam gauge guy, because I could see myself wasting money on this rig when it would be better spent elsewhere :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ooh that GNS530 looks awesome. Only $750 bucks!

Um, Ryan... there's been a fellow trying to sell his nearly new Emuteq for only $500, along with a whole bunch of other really nice hardware. It's been in the Bargin Bin forums for several weeks now.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For what its worth, i use the same G1000 software that rig runs, i purchased it for $250.

That's the first small review I'm reading on the student version software. Thanks for that. :smile: Knowing how good the F1 service usually is, I'd say that they will improve.

Back to the hardware. The point on the performance may not change much with the extra setup. To be honest, that's what holds me back from getting one of those nice external GPS screens (e.g. the emuteq 530), the need to run FSX in the multiscreen mode and drag some gauges to external displays. Because, that's what they are.

With FSX really taking a heavy impact from glass gauges, I think one way to nicely do it would be like the home cockpit stuff usually does. Running an exe on a separate PC being able to display the data and then connecting through e.g. FSUIPC to grab it from the FSX system. This keeps the FSX system free from the task to render gauges (fps gain) and allows the external station to draw nice and fluent pictures which you can adjust to your liking.

Edited. From reading, the G1000 from F1 was done with having the networked PC setup in mind. So that's the way to enhance the performance. The single PC setup does not seem to be recommended. The above limitations therefore don't apply in that case.

That's the first small review I'm reading on the student version software. Thanks for that. :smile: Knowing how good the F1 service usually is, I'd say that they will improve.

Back to the hardware. The point on the performance may not change much with the extra setup. To be honest, that's what holds me back from getting one of those nice external GPS screens (e.g. the emuteq 530), the need to run FSX in the multiscreen mode and drag some gauges to external displays. Because, that's what they are.

With FSX really taking a heavy impact from glass gauges, I think one way to nicely do it would be like the home cockpit stuff usually does. Running an exe on a separate PC being able to display the data and then connecting through e.g. FSUIPC to grab it from the FSX system. This keeps the FSX system free from the task to render gauges (fps gain) and allows the external station to draw nice and fluent pictures which you can adjust to your liking.

Edited. From reading, the G1000 from F1 was done with having the networked PC setup in mind. So that's the way to enhance the performance. The single PC setup does not seem to be recommended. The above limitations therefore don't apply in that case.

Also note...I was looking at these units and software and I believe that they are only approved for Prepar3D and not FSX or home entertainment. Now there is a different twist. LOL!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/