Sign in to follow this  
cecil553

Need help please

I've bought a new computer and I'm in the process of installing FSX and everything else. I have bought the almost all the PMDG birds. I can not figure out how to download the again. I went into my account and checked previous downloads and they all say the download links have expired. any advice?

I am sorry if this is here somewhere but I did a search and found nothing.

You need to purchase the extended download service for $4.95 for each aircraft.

This give access to your files for a whole year.

It makes sense to back your downloads up to at least one external location - like a DVD.

I have backups of backups (to be sure).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

People don't throw away your CDs and DVDs after installing computer software, I'm still in awe that people delete downloaded installers after installing and expect the vendor to store their stuff for them...

Save them, and back them up at the very least on one physical medium (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, external HD or USB drive).

Jude provided the way you can re-download your items.

Kyle Rodgers

thanks for the responses, but I just wanted you guys to understand I bought a new computer because my other computers hard drive failed and I lost everything. it was a 7 year old computer and was time to be replaced. I will be backing up to disk next time, a mistake I wont be repeating. I wasn't expecting pmdg to save things just looking to figure out what i needed to do to beable to install the planes again.

again than you very much for the responses. please do not misunderstand this post I am not upset or intent any of this to be taken in a negitive way. just an explanation.

thanks for the responses, but I just wanted you guys to understand I bought a new computer because my other computers hard drive failed and I lost everything. it was a 7 year old computer and was time to be replaced. I will be backing up to disk next time, a mistake I wont be repeating. I wasn't expecting pmdg to save things just looking to figure out what i needed to do to beable to install the planes again.

again than you very much for the responses. please do not misunderstand this post I am not upset or intent any of this to be taken in a negitive way. just an explanation.

Dont worry about it your not the only one who has done it and you wont be the last either. You can do a few things here to save you lots of hassle. Is to burn all your exes to a dvd etc or once you got eveything installed you can make up a back up copy of your whole drive to an external drive. So if you get another hard drive crash again than its a matter of just re installing from your external to you new hard drive etc. The only problem is than you need another program to do this i use acronis true image, others might use others but what it does is it takes a mirror image of your hard drive and copies it to an external. it also makes up a bootable drive as well.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I will be backing up to disk next time, a mistake I wont be repeating. I wasn't expecting pmdg to save things just looking to figure out what i needed to do to beable to install the planes again.

Yeah, it normally only takes one time for people to pick up on that one.

And sorry. It was a statement made in generics, as there have been a couple threads that went down the drain because someone decided the vendor should provide an unlimited download period.

I'm just really surprised people don't think to store the installers on some type of external media. Then again, growing up having a parent who was a computer engineer, I had it hammered into my head at quite an early age.

Kyle Rodgers