Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

This is what our flight sims could look like

I never thought I would be willing to spend $1000 on a new flight sim, but if this was one, I'd fork out the cash in a heartbeat. :D

Unimaginable graphics awaits in the future. Makes the ORBX "flows" look pretty pathetic.

http://unigine.com/products/valley/

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yah, uniengine has been plugging along for years showing the technical prowess and wow-facter that 3Dmark used to have, but alas they only really do tech demo/benchmarks as far as I am aware.

As a realistic proposition, I would love to see that level of virtual fidelity in something like Railworks!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow. Just shows where we will be in a few years time :-). If i had a simulator like this I wouldn't bother with saving up for real lessons :-)

Ha ha evil. I'm guessing we'd need one hell of a beast to run this.

Download, install and see for yourself!

Yeah, but what's like on frames? B)

On ultra settings my computer runs it smooth as a silk! I'm flying around in the valley, and howly cow what an amazing engine this is!

I was kidding...

I know, I'm just sayin' :)

It performs amazingly. Just the weather interface and how you can change weather on the fly is so cool! Now I wish I never saw this thing :(

Was pretty terrible to return to the FSX planet...

I know, I'm just sayin' :)

It performs amazingly. Just the weather interface and how you can change weather on the fly is so cool! Now I wish I never saw this thing :(

Was pretty terrible to return to the FSX planet...

Real volumetric clouds have had my vote for ages now. I asked over at Rex about the possibilities a few years ago, and was told they would love to, but that FSX simply did not have the necessary hooks for such a thing. After that, I sorta hoped xplane might go for it..........

Things like this just convince me even more that volumetric graphics create the most realistic rendition of natural weather.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Download, install and see for yourself!

Wow,

I downloaded this and was simply stunned that so much detail could be rendered so fluidly on my video card. At ultra settings my fps was about 24, but it seemed smooth like a motion picture. At lower settings my fps was in the 40's and the loss in detail wasn't that drastic. It's the coolest benchmark/graphics demo I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to show it to my daughter--she'll think it's heavenly. Thanks for posting this thread.

John

Wow,

I downloaded this and was simply stunned that so much detail could be rendered so fluidly on my video card. At ultra settings my fps was about 24, but it seemed smooth like a motion picture. At lower settings my fps was in the 40's and the loss in detail wasn't that drastic. It's the coolest benchmark/graphics demo I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to show it to my daughter--she'll think it's heavenly. Thanks for posting this thread.

John

Did you try to move around on your own and change weather on the fly? Pure magic!