Sign in to follow this  
P47D

How to Unistall World of AI back to default?

I did some searching around and did not find how to uninstall the World of AI and all the aircraft that went along with it as well as get my default AI back. Does anyone know how to do that? Is there a line in the .cfg I need to change or delete?

Also any recommendations for a replacement AI program? I know there are 2 big ones I think. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just open the World of A1 Installer and click on "Expert" and that's where you can uninstall all of your A1 Aircraft....John

PS I do not think you can uninstall the default A! stuff

Regarding the question about the traffic programs: There are various other programs, such as Flight1's Ultimate Traffic 2(UT2), MyTraffic5.4b (MTX) and some others derived from this, and Justflight's TrafficX.

Being objective here is hard, even harder, because one usually doesn't know all the option there are, but I'll try to point out the advantages/disadvantages as unbiassed as possible.

Starting with UT2: It contains many airlines (although I think no cargo airlines), and the flights follow real world flight plans and schedules. The aircraft models are rather nice compared to most other AI programs, but this can mean some FPS impact. The way UT2 injects traffic into FSX is different from the other programs as well, it's not done during the loading process, so UT2 means a higher speed, however, you have to wait a few seconds until all the traffic is displayed on the airport and it starts moving. Another positive side is the easy user interface compared to the rather complicated one of MTX.

A negative thing is that it comes with a fictional airline named "Daedalus", and to remove those paints a lot of work is necessary(it is possible to switch those planes off, though), and there are reports of quite a FPS loss on some systems(This is not the only one, though, and it seems to be different from system to system).

MTX: This is probably the "alrounder" - It has GA, airliner, military and helicopter traffic with loads of models, some of which are quite some exotic planes(for example there are lots of Antonovs, Tupolevs etc). However, the choppers do behave a bit strange, more like STOL planes than like helicopters, and especially the military traffic does some strange flights, sometimes (e.g. fighters don't really care about borders, even if they should). It also has a "Time Machine" feature, i.e. you can apply historic schedules and see Concordes, and lots of 707s, A300s etc crowding the sky. Usually people tend to get better FPS from MTX than from UT2, but again, that seems to be dependent on the computer.

On the other hand, I must note that the MTX models aren't that beautiful, it often happens that the landing gear appears to be missing from greater distance, and some otehr bugs. MTX doesn't follow real world fligth plans, the planes rather fly direct routes between two airports, but as long as you're in crowded European or American airspaces you won't notice! One more thing to mention is the more complicated user interface, but you don't really need to use that unless you ant to use the time machine.

I'd like to add one more thing: MTX comes in various packages, e.g MTX lite(support by the author, least aircraft models, least options), the Aerosoft published MyTraffic2013(more options and aircraft/liveries, support by Aerosoft) and MTX5.4b(as of now, support by the author Burkhard Renk, most features/airplanes/liveries, and still being updated). There's a table to compare them exactly at simmarket, on the product page of MTX5.4.

I haven't heard too much about JustFlight's program, maybe that's because most people have already had an AI program in use when this one came out, and I don't have it myself, so I won't comment on it.

For further detail I'd ask you to search the forums, these topics appear every few weeks, and they always come to the same conclusion: There's no such thing as "best traffic addon", it all depends on your preferences and wishes.

Best regards,

Flo

• Upvote 1

OE-LAT thanks for the detailed response I will use this info to make a purchase.

So I fired up the World of AI installer and when I hit expert nothing shows up on the menu. THe planes are in the game and do fly around but they are not there in the installer under expert. So I just deleted the files in my sim folder...

So my problem is I want default AI back... is that going to take a fresh install? If I deleted my .cfg file would FSX rebuild it on restart? I do have a modified .cfg file for performance...

Not sure what to do... thanks for any additional help.

OE-LAT thanks for the detailed response I will use this info to make a purchase.

You're very welcome. However, I'd recommend to use some other feedback as well, because even though I tried to write everything I know without letting my personal preference for one of them influence it, I might have left out some important points here or there...

In case you want some fruther reference, here's some links to other threads here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398880-ultimate-traffic-2-my-traffic-x-trafficx-whats-your-favorite/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394764-ut2-traffic-360-or-mytraffic-2013/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/390073-what-is-the-best-ai-traffic-addon-available-today/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/390566-which-ai-traffic-software/

There might be some more links in these threads, as sometimes a lot of those AI trafic topics appear in very short time, and they tend to turn out in a fight between UT2 and MTX fans.

In case you fly mainly in ORBX regions in NA or AU, they got freeware AI packages for them.

Regards,

Flo

• Upvote 1

I lost my default AI when I installed WOA. Sucks... I uninstalled all of them in expert mode but now I live in a Steven King movie while flying.  So I guess I will just need to either reinstall FSX or buy an addon.  any suggestions on how to get default back?

First go to expert mode and uninstall the packages.

Then go to your scenery global scenery folder and delete all the WOA bgl files. Now rename your original traffic.bgl from .bak (or it may be .off) to .bgl again.

That should do it. If you installed MAIW as well then there will be afcads to delete.

lost my default AI when I installed WOA.

That is most likely because WOAI uses FS9 flight plans by default, which vary slightly from FSX-natives. However, FSX can read and use them, but you will lose all your FSX-native traffic (i.e. Ai relying on FSX format flight plans).

So it seems possible that during your uninstall some (or even one single) FS9 flight plan has been left over, which now does not allow the default traffic to display - and it would obviously also prevent any FSX traffic addon from displaying! What you have to do is go to the <FSX directory>\Scenery\Global\Scenery directory, and serach for all trafffic.bgl files that were left from WOAI and delete them. Then you should get your default AI back.

Thanks for the expert advise.  I will attempt this.  Where is the traffic.bgl file located?  Can't seem to find that.

The traffic.bgl files (if it's called only traffic.bgl, don't delete that one, that's default AI, addons will usually contain the addon's name or somehting like that, so you can't confuse them) are located here: <Your FSX directory>\Scenery\Global\Scenery. Be sure to have the "show file extensions" option checked, otherwise the fil will only be displayed as "traffic".

All the WOAI bgls will start with WOA.

Really can't miss them. Delete those and make sure your traffic.bgl is indeed named traffic.bgl. If it has a different extension then change it back to .bgl. That's it.

I did the expert mode removal of the one single package I had installed, and although the WoA traffic is now removed, so is my stock AI. I have no traffic.bgl or traffic.anything in the above mentioned folder.

fsxroot\traffic*.bgl >

fsxroot\scenery\world\scenery\Traffic_000_WoA_Southwest Airlines_Su13.bgl

fsxroot\scenery\world\scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

fsxroot\scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl

Searching the entire fsx root for traffic* yields no backed up traffic.bgl file.

It was all working fine. A clean, stock fsx install with no addons except a couple of payware aircraft. Everything else in stock condition. Installed this WoA package and it hammered my sim with stuttering and framerate drops into single digits. So I decided to uninstall the package and revert to default while I come up with a better strategy.

Now I'm left with nothing but an empty world.

EDIT: I just removed the Southwest Airlines bgl and it is back to normal. I guess the air traffic is in trafficAircraft.bgl in fsx, not traffic.bgl. So it was probably the older bgl format of the southwest file as already mentioned here and elsewhere, not playing well with the stock fsx file.