Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Help with nvidia inspector settings

Hi,

I have just enabled dx10 in FSX and would like the respective nvidia inspector settings please

I have trilinear and AA ticked in FSX

My PC...

I7-920 4.2ghz

6gb corsair vengeance

Gainward gtx 660 golden sample

Corsair force 60gb ssd x2 (is and FAX)

Many thanks

Anyone ???....

I would like to know the corresponding settings in nvdidia inspector for

Dx10 , as ticked with trilinear filtering , fps locked to 30 fps in fsx.

Also would anistropic be better and what would be the corresponding changes in nvidia inspector...

Thanks in advance.

Ozflyer: there's a "How-To" at the top of this forum that is a compilation of "DX10-flyers" settings recommendations for the complete PC, from members all over the world: it contains 3 or 4 basic Inspector settings, and a number of other experimental settings contained in a Profile (mostly DX9) folder.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

There are several examples of settings posted in PaulJ's How To document and his Software and Hardware Guide, both pinned at the top of this forum.

My personal opinion? Only enable AA/AF in FSX; go to the Nvidia Inspector and open up the FSX profile. At the top, click on the button to set the settings to the default settings set by Nvidia for FSX, click apply. Go Fly. I just did this recently and my fsx graphics are crisp and clear and I have much higher fps. It was like getting a gorilla off my back. I truly believe the FSX developers set programmed DX10 for FSX to use only the AA/AF internal FSX settings.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

:O

That's one I've never tried, Jim!!! (mutter-mutter... more testing...) :lol:

Thank you, Sir!

All the best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, Jim, thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

G'day guys....

Jim, just to be clear AA is anti aliasing and AF is Anistropic filtering ?

Hi Paul, after you have done Jims suggestion. Lets us know your thoughts, be good to stop tinkering :lol:

Trevor Golding

I use the NI 4x GSAA "bug spray" to kill the ants which the stock FSX DX10 AA/AF lets in to my virtual cockpit. If I don't use this spray, those pesky ants will march in unison around the instruments and drive me nuts. :lol:

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Jim, just to be clear AA is anti aliasing and AF is Anistropic filtering ?

Sorry for the slow response. Yes.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, mate , thanks for the tip.

I followed your instruction and it is smooth, I did however set, vsync and frame limiter in nvidia.

Didn't change any other setting in nvidia inspector al default.

I followed your instruction and it is smooth, I did however set, vsync and frame limiter in nvidia.

Glad it worked for you too! It truly is amazing how much better my graphics look and how much smoother my sim runs. I don't think FSX and DX10 Preview likes these new-fangled 'tweaks'. I also have my Texture_Max_Load set at 4096 and I'm sure that helps with the graphics too. But, in all my experiences so far with DX10, I have found that it runs better when FSX controls the application settings and not some outsider. Of course, great graphics is only in the eyes of the beholder and what looks nice for some looks horrible for others.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I did the default setting too for fsx dx10 and also for DCS.

in both cases I have a smooth situation.

The only thing is the cockpit with some slight flickering lines for some of the gauges.

I dont know what setting I have to use to get rid of it.

I am afraid that the fps in heavy conditions will go down again.

with the present settings it is all 30 fps whatever i do.

I set this by NI 1/2 the refreshrate.

So it is great but the only thing is the cockpit flickering

<br />So it is great but the only thing is the cockpit flickering <br />

You can open up your NI settings with FSX running and make changes on the fly. I would try clamping the LOD Bias setting as that is suppose to reduce flickering.

I have my FSX frames limiter set to 45 and it's amazing how fast my frames get near or to that figure. I still have frames going down in heavy weather near commercial airports but it's better than it was before.

Glad the default setting is basically working for you too.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

if i set it to 45 fps do i need to change then probebly the vsync from 1/2 refresh to force on? and also in fsx itself to 45?

I set it on 45 internal limiter and in the game at unlimited and it runs smooth.

still got the light twinkling of lines in the cockpit and the trees are shimmering.

It is not much and I can get it away with grid but then it cost fps.

so I leave it with the standard NI with only force on in vsync and 45 internal fps

and clamp.

I noticed that the standard comes also with FSAA.