•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Help with nvidia inspector settings

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ozflyer

ozflyer

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

I have just enabled dx10 in FSX and would like the respective nvidia inspector settings please

I have trilinear and AA ticked in FSX

My PC...
I7-920 4.2ghz
6gb corsair vengeance
Gainward gtx 660 golden sample
Corsair force 60gb ssd x2 (is and FAX)

Many thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 ozflyer

ozflyer

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Anyone ???....

I would like to know the corresponding settings in nvdidia inspector for

Dx10 , as ticked with trilinear filtering , fps locked to 30 fps in fsx.

Also would anistropic be better and what would be the corresponding changes in nvidia inspector...

Thanks in advance.

#3 Paul J

Paul J

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,914 posts
  • Joined 9 Years and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Ozflyer: there's a "How-To" at the top of this forum that is a compilation of "DX10-flyers" settings recommendations for the complete PC, from members all over the world: it contains 3 or 4 basic Inspector settings, and a number of other experimental settings contained in a Profile (mostly DX9) folder.

#4 firehawk44

firehawk44

Forums Director

• Administrators
  • 10,391 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 14 Days Ago.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

There are several examples of settings posted in PaulJ's How To document and his Software and Hardware Guide, both pinned at the top of this forum.

My personal opinion? Only enable AA/AF in FSX; go to the Nvidia Inspector and open up the FSX profile. At the top, click on the button to set the settings to the default settings set by Nvidia for FSX, click apply. Go Fly. I just did this recently and my fsx graphics are crisp and clear and I have much higher fps. It was like getting a gorilla off my back. I truly believe the FSX developers set programmed DX10 for FSX to use only the AA/AF internal FSX settings.

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Young | Forums Director | AVSIM.com

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Add Your Site to the Links Database! | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | Request Support | FAQ's                                                                                                                                                                                  

Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country):

ca.png Canada | bg.png Bulgaria | gb.png United Kingdom | au.png Australia | ie.png Ireland | in.png India | eg.png Egypt
th.png Thailand | gd.png Grenada | hu.png Hungary | co.png Colombia | nl.png Netherlands | fr.png France | us.png U.S.A.

#5 Paul J

Paul J

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,914 posts
  • Joined 9 Years and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

:o

That's one I've never tried, Jim!!! (mutter-mutter... more testing...) :lol:

Thank you, Sir!

All the best,

#6 ozflyer

ozflyer

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Paul, Jim, thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

G'day guys....

Jim, just to be clear AA is anti aliasing and AF is Anistropic filtering ?

#7 trevg

trevg

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hi Paul, after you have done Jims suggestion. Lets us know your thoughts, be good to stop tinkering :lol:
Trevor Golding

#8 TheFamilyMan

TheFamilyMan

Going Mad, low and slowly

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

I use the NI 4x GSAA "bug spray" to kill the ants which the stock FSX DX10 AA/AF lets in to my virtual cockpit. If I don't use this spray, those pesky ants will march in unison around the instruments and drive me nuts. :lol:
Rod O.

#9 firehawk44

firehawk44

Forums Director

• Administrators
  • 10,391 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Jim, just to be clear AA is anti aliasing and AF is Anistropic filtering ?

Sorry for the slow response. Yes.

Best regards,
Jim

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Add Your Site to the Links Database! | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | Request Support | FAQ's                                                                                                                                                                                  

Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country):

ca.png Canada | bg.png Bulgaria | gb.png United Kingdom | au.png Australia | ie.png Ireland | in.png India | eg.png Egypt
th.png Thailand | gd.png Grenada | hu.png Hungary | co.png Colombia | nl.png Netherlands | fr.png France | us.png U.S.A.

#10 ozflyer

ozflyer

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Jim, mate , thanks for the tip.

I followed your instruction and it is smooth, I did however set, vsync and frame limiter in nvidia.

Didn't change any other setting in nvidia inspector al default.

#11 firehawk44

firehawk44

Forums Director

• Administrators
  • 10,391 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I followed your instruction and it is smooth, I did however set, vsync and frame limiter in nvidia.

Glad it worked for you too! It truly is amazing how much better my graphics look and how much smoother my sim runs. I don't think FSX and DX10 Preview likes these new-fangled 'tweaks'. I also have my Texture_Max_Load set at 4096 and I'm sure that helps with the graphics too. But, in all my experiences so far with DX10, I have found that it runs better when FSX controls the application settings and not some outsider. Of course, great graphics is only in the eyes of the beholder and what looks nice for some looks horrible for others.

Best regards,
Jim

#12 paula

paula

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I did the default setting too for fsx dx10 and also for DCS.
in both cases I have a smooth situation.
The only thing is the cockpit with some slight flickering lines for some of the gauges.
I dont know what setting I have to use to get rid of it.
I am afraid that the fps in heavy conditions will go down again.
with the present settings it is all 30 fps whatever i do.
I set this by NI 1/2 the refreshrate.
So it is great but the only thing is the cockpit flickering
paula

#13 firehawk44

firehawk44

Forums Director

• Administrators
  • 10,391 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

<br />So it is great but the only thing is the cockpit flickering <br />

You can open up your NI settings with FSX running and make changes on the fly. I would try clamping the LOD Bias setting as that is suppose to reduce flickering.

I have my FSX frames limiter set to 45 and it's amazing how fast my frames get near or to that figure. I still have frames going down in heavy weather near commercial airports but it's better than it was before.

Glad the default setting is basically working for you too.

Best regards,
Jim

#14 paula

paula

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

if i set it to 45 fps do i need to change then probebly the vsync from 1/2 refresh to force on? and also in fsx itself to 45?
paula

#15 paula

paula

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

I set it on 45 internal limiter and in the game at unlimited and it runs smooth.
still got the light twinkling of lines in the cockpit and the trees are shimmering.
It is not much and I can get it away with grid but then it cost fps.
so I leave it with the standard NI with only force on in vsync and 45 internal fps
and clamp.
I noticed that the standard comes also with FSAA.
paula