Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Flight Toolkit - Public Beta!

The Flight Toolkit has now officially gone into public beta phase. You can download it here:

http://flighttoolkit.com/

There are 2 different downloads available:

- an Addon Builder for those who will be creating addons, and

- an Addon Manager that installs addons in Flight.

Also, you will find complete, detailed, and illustrated tutorials on their use.

Please visit the Flight Toolkit web site, download the tools, and participate in the public beta. Show the developer that we support him and appreciate his efforts.

Also, please show screenshots of your new liveries in this forum so that we can all take part in the enthusiasm and fun. All are welcome, and even the first attempts by newcomers will be highly appreciated. Don't hesitate!

Finally, if you wish, please do share the new livery addon with the rest of us. The Addon Manager specifically allows installation of addons in Flight so that everybody can fly your pretty new paint job if you are willing to share.

Best regards.

Luis

Very nice, thanks for the udpate!

I have never been one any good at painting but I may have to check this out when I get a chance, I am traveling the next week so will probably be sometime after that.

Nice to see someone is putting the effort into this for Flight, and I am sure the community will greatly appreciate those efforts!

Ok, I have downloaded the Flight Tools and read through all the Tutorials. Very interesting stuff and I might actually be able to do this. I will see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. A lot of information here, I have never done any kind of texture painting before. I can only work on it as time permits but should be fun to see what people come up with.

I certainly also appreciate the time and effort involved to put this all together for the community.

Steve

Looks interesting but I think I will stay away from it for a while....or until I see a lot more liveries in the sky.

Working on it..............

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

At work so can't try it out now, but this allows us to repaint the aircraft in Flight? Can we modify the flight dynamics and create new aircraft models?

Well, first problem is that its not finding any files when it opens.......

I might need some likely paths, since its listing my steam folder as empty.

Connection thread says its running.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

At work so can't try it out now, but this allows us to repaint the aircraft in Flight? Can we modify the flight dynamics and create new aircraft models?

Right now it allows for adding new aircraft paints. What it *might* develop into only the programmer knows.

Well, first problem is that its not finding any files when it opens.......

I might need some likely paths, since its listing my steam folder as empty.

"When it opens..." what? The first step is to do the naming process, then it goes and asks which airplane to base the new livery upon. Have you gotten this far or is it an error before that? Following the tutorials step by step I had the first "package" of textures ready for my artistic work done in about four minutes. The artistic work is still in the developmental process...

Right now it allows for adding new aircraft paints. What it *might* develop into only the programmer knows.

"When it opens..." what? The first step is to do the naming process, then it goes and asks which airplane to base the new livery upon. Have you gotten this far or is it an error before that? Following the tutorials step by step I had the first "package" of textures ready for my artistic work done in about four minutes. The artistic work is still in the developmental process...

Nope..... problem was that flight had not fully opened, yet.

Devons rig

Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Them's is some very intricate textures..........

Devons rig

Wait... YOU CAN MAKE ADDONS?????

Correction: I thought making addons was just for planes, scenery and stuff, not repainting. Am I correct? Or does addon making include repainting?

Hello! Right now the tool just makes repaints of existing aircraft. The addons it creates can include one or more repaints. I'm investigating whether I can include adding new models, or converting content from FSX, but for now I am focusing on more simple non-animating models such as scenery and airports.

Us noobs to repainting are going to need some detailed tutorials, or somebody to distribute some "Blanks" of the textures for repainting, I think. Everything is packed together so tight in there!

Devons rig

Stonelance, you are a prince! :D Thanks so much for this effort.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Stonelance, you are a prince! :D Thanks so much for this effort.

Hook

Ditto! ^_^

Devons rig