Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Airport Chart Viewer for FSX

Is there a freeware or payware airport chart viewer that will show the taxiways with the ID's. I have tried several and never got them to work. Thanks. Bob.

Flight Sim commander - most of these work better on a network or tablet - can follow the taxiways more clearly.

They work ok though on a single compt.

All the best

Denis

Thanks all. I should have explained it better. I was trying to find an in cockpit gauge like Airport Chart Viewer. I have tried Version 3.3 and 5.0 with no success. They all build a database somewhere which is not defined and don't show any charts in the FSX cockpit. Bob.

Hi Denis. Thanks. I looked at their site and did not find any demo. I also see that it has a lot of functions that I don't want or need. All I want is a way to view the taxiway charts like Apchart 5.0 was supposed to do. I am running WIN7 and it builds a database but I have no idea where it went. The gauge is available via an icon. It just does not work for me. The instructions are not at all clear. Best regards, Bob.

Bob,

Have you tried apchart.zip by Holger Maass? It is in the AVSIM library.

Tom

I have been looking as well.. I haven't made up my mind yet

DBS studio runway gauge

FS Flight Keeper

and for non gauge

aviasoft EFB

FSWidgets EFB

and

Naviator for Android Tablet

Bob,

Have you tried apchart.zip by Holger Maass? It is in the AVSIM library.

Hi. Thanks. I did try it but the instructions are not at all clear. It refers to Airchrt30 and 50 in the readme of the Apchart. It installs a database somewhere that is not described. I have the icon and window in FSX but it does nothing. I am also running WIN7 64 bit if that matters. Bob.

I have been looking as well.. I haven't made up my mind yet

DBS studio runway gauge

FS Flight Keeper

and for non gauge

aviasoft EFB

FSWidgets EFB

and

Naviator for Android Tablet

Hi Thanks. I have looked at the DBS studio runway gauge but it does not look like it shows the actual taxiway idents. Does it interface with the ATC and allow you to follow the taxiways as you are given. It looks like it will send you to the runway by a different path that it selects. Regards, Bob.

Bob:

For Airport Chart make sure you have version 2 from the library. Holger says he messed up the first upload to AVSIM. This version has a pdf that seemed complete to me.

Tom

Bob:

For Airport Chart make sure you have version 2 from the library. Holger says he messed up the first upload to AVSIM. This version has a pdf that seemed complete to me.

Hi. Thanks. I do have the apchart.zip that the library says is V2. After unzipping I get a install.txt that says V1.0.0.10. It says there will be a manual.pdf in the installation folder but it never says where the "installation" folder is. I did a complete search on my C:\ drive and finally found it in a folder called Mahsoft, which is not in the FSX folder. That folder has a dba.dll, DBBuilder.exe and the manual.pdf. I ran the DB Builder.exe as the manual states. It supposedly created a DB in some unknown location. The installer put a apchart.dll in my FSX gauges folder. I installed the window in one of my planes along with the icon to turn on the Airport Chart Viewer window. The gauge shows up in my plane but does nothing at all per the manual.pdf.

Now you see my frustration with exe installers. I prefer zip files so I can see where and what is being put into FSX or my C:\ drive.

How is the gauge supposed to work? Where is the database and how is FSX supposed to communicate with it to display the charts?

I wrote to Holger at the address in the file and it was returned as not a valid address.

If you, or anyone else, can help me get it working I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks, regards, Bob.

P.S. I am running FSX Acceleration on a WIN7 64 bit system. Also the manual.pdf says V1.0.0.10 not V2.

Bob:

I have the same files in the same places. The only difference is that I'm running Vista and I don't use the icon. I call up Airport Chart from the view/instrument panel/ menu. When you run the database builder does it show 24717 (or similar) airports?

Tom

Tom

Hi Tom. Thanks. It says it is building the database but I don't know where it went. I can't find it anywhere. I tried running the builder as Administrator and it did the same thing. I am going to PM you. Best regards, Bob.