•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Next Prepar3d release inevitable?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OmniAtlas

OmniAtlas

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Going by their release dates --

• Version 1.0 was released in November 2010
  • Version 1.1 was released in April 2011
  • Version 1.2 was released in September 2011
  • Version 1.3 was released in March 2012
  • Version 1.4 was released in August 2012

Every 6 months or so...

Do you Fly-by-wire? Fly the Jeehell Flight Management and Guidance System. A free networkable Airbus system program for cockpit builders and aviation enthusiasts. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Plate-on-a-Stick

Plate-on-a-Stick

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,572 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 2 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Big difference though between incremental updates and a whole revamp to v2

Graham

#3 Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 10 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Yea, it's like do they put the time and effort into another incremental or put all the effort into the major release. Hope they went for the major. I can happily live with 1.4 for the rest of the year. So even if they do release in early 2014 instead of 2013 that's workable. I hoping/wanting 2.0 to be the game changer for the hobby.

#4 pmb

pmb

• Donor
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

Prepar3d Professional v2

30aiw2.png

#5 vgbaron

vgbaron

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,845 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Although I recall reading on their forum that there may be 1 or 2 more 1.x releases before that. I'm quite sure that they have a team for each version.

Vic

#6 Noel

Noel

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,457 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 6 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

Noel

#7 pmb

pmb

• Donor
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hi Noel,

it might have to do with the enterprise culture. As we know, LM is in the defense industry, where it's neither usual nor advised to make early announcements. While Prepar3d is certainly not relevant for warfare, it might just be general custom. In another contribution, one of the developers stated clearly. they are not allowed to announce anything in advance, and even what they already said was at the borderline.

I am pretty sure they know what they want to achieve. Another question is if they have the resources to do that.

But this is just my impression, and I might be completely wrong.

Kind regards, Michael

Prepar3d Professional v2

30aiw2.png

#8 Heimi

Heimi

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 9 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.
The "hobby" users are not their main customers.
They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

#9 OmniAtlas

OmniAtlas

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I wish the developers would have a squeak. 

All we can do now is patiently wait. 

Do you Fly-by-wire? Fly the Jeehell Flight Management and Guidance System. A free networkable Airbus system program for cockpit builders and aviation enthusiasts. 

#10 Noel

Noel

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,457 posts

Donator

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.
The "hobby" users are not their main customers.
They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

Noel

#11 mgh

mgh

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 7,416 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Gerry Howard

#12 Noel

Noel

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,457 posts

Donator

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Yes that was my point...

Noel

#13 OmniAtlas

OmniAtlas

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Maybe they bought the FSX source code to see how well it would perform on their new quantum computer.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

#14 TheGrunt

TheGrunt

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Maybe they bought the FSX source code to see how well it would perform on their new quantum computer.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

I wonder if that is able to maintain constant 30 fps with heavy addon scenery and traffic in the largest hubs? :)

#15 OmniAtlas

OmniAtlas

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well 6 months has come and gone and no news. Oh well, I still have hope for a release before the middle of the year. 

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!