The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:27 PM
I don't know if it easy.
I have downloaded one free app called B 737 check List for IOS device.
It could be nice to create something similar but more advance for FS2crew checklist.
You dive on single phase checklist with all option reperad in advance of what to say then move to the next step.
It should be more interactive and with field to insert proper value like weight& balance airplane configuration ecc.
On the same phase you can find all the option of voice action that active all fs2crew option like for ground crew.
What's the difference from a paper or PDF checklist, you can have your device near your Yoke and with just a finger you dive on all check list phase and close them with more interaction, read your needed part without fill your needed screen.
It could work also for emergency, but it's more a difficult task .
It colud connect to FSX for more integration on checked items and so on.
With the upcoming T7 there is some sort of similarity as you can have a basic interactive checklist on the EFB.
just a wish :)
Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:22 AM
If you have MS Powerpoint you can do something similar to what you are saying yourself, that's what I have done.
I have two Powerpoint slideshows one for the Normal NGX checklists and one for Emergency NGX. Each page on the 'normal' checklist is for a different phase of the flight like startup, taxi, takeoff etc. I have downloaded a program to my iPad that runs Powerpoint files called 'Slideshark' (I think its free,can't remember now) so when I finish a flight phase in the checklist I just swipe my iPad screen to go to the next checklist. I have included on each slide what the FO is supposed to do so I know what switches should be on or off.
I am lucky enough to have a 2nd monitor on my computer so I have the Emergency NGX slideshow there, ready to use if necessary (as its only a slideshow and not the full Powerpoint program it starts very quickly). Each slide is a different failure, so my 2nd monitor screen fills with all the checklist items I need for that failure. The first page of the slideshow is an 'Index' of all the available Emergency NGX checklists, so all I have to do is click the link for the checklist I need and it goes to that slide, only takes seconds.
My Powerpoint skills are not good enough to offer these to the community, but if you would like to take a look send me a PM with your email address.
Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM
At the end is the same of using Acrobat presentation and create a PDF for 7 inch device, but I want also a solution that can be organized for each flight and costumized for each aircraft.
On powerpoint or PDF at the end you have always go back and reedit you presentation to make it as it should.
Thank's for suggestion and for the proposal I have something similar created from Riccardo and reedited in PDF that I just swap from page to page.