What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:27 PM
I don't know if it easy.
I have downloaded one free app called B 737 check List for IOS device.
It could be nice to create something similar but more advance for FS2crew checklist.
You dive on single phase checklist with all option reperad in advance of what to say then move to the next step.
It should be more interactive and with field to insert proper value like weight& balance airplane configuration ecc.
On the same phase you can find all the option of voice action that active all fs2crew option like for ground crew.
What's the difference from a paper or PDF checklist, you can have your device near your Yoke and with just a finger you dive on all check list phase and close them with more interaction, read your needed part without fill your needed screen.
It could work also for emergency, but it's more a difficult task .
It colud connect to FSX for more integration on checked items and so on.
With the upcoming T7 there is some sort of similarity as you can have a basic interactive checklist on the EFB.
just a wish :)
Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:22 AM
If you have MS Powerpoint you can do something similar to what you are saying yourself, that's what I have done.
I have two Powerpoint slideshows one for the Normal NGX checklists and one for Emergency NGX. Each page on the 'normal' checklist is for a different phase of the flight like startup, taxi, takeoff etc. I have downloaded a program to my iPad that runs Powerpoint files called 'Slideshark' (I think its free,can't remember now) so when I finish a flight phase in the checklist I just swipe my iPad screen to go to the next checklist. I have included on each slide what the FO is supposed to do so I know what switches should be on or off.
I am lucky enough to have a 2nd monitor on my computer so I have the Emergency NGX slideshow there, ready to use if necessary (as its only a slideshow and not the full Powerpoint program it starts very quickly). Each slide is a different failure, so my 2nd monitor screen fills with all the checklist items I need for that failure. The first page of the slideshow is an 'Index' of all the available Emergency NGX checklists, so all I have to do is click the link for the checklist I need and it goes to that slide, only takes seconds.
My Powerpoint skills are not good enough to offer these to the community, but if you would like to take a look send me a PM with your email address.
Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM
At the end is the same of using Acrobat presentation and create a PDF for 7 inch device, but I want also a solution that can be organized for each flight and costumized for each aircraft.
On powerpoint or PDF at the end you have always go back and reedit you presentation to make it as it should.
Thank's for suggestion and for the proposal I have something similar created from Riccardo and reedited in PDF that I just swap from page to page.