•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Another wish

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simbio

simbio

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

After the nice Emergency product, I have another wish.
I don't know if it easy.
I have downloaded one free app called B 737 check List for IOS device.
It could be nice to create something similar but more advance for FS2crew checklist.
You dive on single phase checklist with all option reperad in advance of what to say then move to the next step.
It should be more interactive and with field to insert proper value like weight& balance airplane configuration ecc.
On the same phase you can find all the option of voice action that active all fs2crew option like for ground crew.
What's the difference from a paper or PDF checklist, you can have your device near your Yoke and with just a finger you dive on all check list phase and close them with more interaction, read your needed part without fill your needed screen.
It could work also for emergency, but it's more a difficult task .
It colud connect to FSX for more integration on checked items and so on.
With the upcoming T7 there is some sort of similarity as you can have a basic interactive checklist on the EFB.
just a wish :)
Fabrizio

ACH1008.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 byork

byork

Member - 8,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 15,409 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thank you for the ideas!

They're good!

#3 GAJ52

GAJ52

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Hi Fabrizio

If you have MS Powerpoint you can do something similar to what you are saying yourself, that's what I have done.

I have two Powerpoint slideshows one for the Normal NGX checklists and one for Emergency NGX. Each page on the 'normal' checklist is for a different phase of the flight like startup, taxi, takeoff etc. I have downloaded a program to my iPad that runs Powerpoint files called 'Slideshark' (I think its free,can't remember now) so when I finish a flight phase in the checklist I just swipe my iPad screen to go to the next checklist. I have included on each slide what the FO is supposed to do so I know what switches should be on or off.

I am lucky enough to have a 2nd monitor on my computer so I have the Emergency NGX slideshow there, ready to use if necessary (as its only a slideshow and not the full Powerpoint program it starts very quickly). Each slide is a different failure, so my 2nd monitor screen fills with all the checklist items I need for that failure. The first page of the slideshow is an 'Index' of all the available Emergency NGX checklists, so all I have to do is click the link for the checklist I need and it goes to that slide, only takes seconds.

My Powerpoint skills are not good enough to offer these to the community, but if you would like to take a look send me a PM with your email address.

Glen
Glen Coyne
Posted Image

#4 simbio

simbio

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

It's another approach and it's a good one but how much in powerpoint you can create interactivity on the mention checklist from app store (B 737 check List).
At the end is the same of using Acrobat presentation and create a PDF for 7 inch device, but I want also a solution that can be organized for each flight and costumized for each aircraft.
On powerpoint or PDF at the end you have always go back and reedit you presentation to make it as it should.
Thank's for suggestion and for the proposal I have something similar created from Riccardo and reedited in PDF that I just swap from page to page.

http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2413315

ACH1008.jpg

#5 GAJ52

GAJ52

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I think I misunderstood what you was asking for, sorry
Glen Coyne
Posted Image