What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Simmarket Deal of the Day - Taxi2Gate MMMX (FSX)
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- Precision Flight Controls Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture Quadrant
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
. . .
FSX, will great FPS ever be achievable consistently?
Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 PM
i5 3.3 overclocked to 4.4
Twin frozr GeForce 570 2gb
1tb SATA drive with a seperate partition for FSX
fsx delux and acceleration
******* 'Bojote' Altuve CFG tweaking tool
Bufferpools tweak set to 40000000
Fsx fps set to unlimited and 3rd party fps limiter in place (40fps)
Run from batch file a friend set up for me
Running ORBX England
Running UK2000 scenery across all areas + bristol xtreme and Manchester xtreme
Running Rex weather
Running ultimate traffic 2
Using PMDG 737ngx
That's my full set up. My fps is great in all UK2K airports except the Xtreme or any London area when flying pmdg when they drop to 10/15fps. Also at airports such as Amsterdam schiphol where I'm running 0 scenery add-ons the frames drop right down. If anyone can suggest helping me improve to just a steady 25+ at the airports would be great. I would love to enhance my experience without the extra cash but maybe it just isn't achievable and ill have to buy a new system?
Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:35 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:44 PM
If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do please comment
you're very lucky! Could you share your specs?
I'm beginning to wonder what I'm doing wrong? I have always had a constant 30 FPS with my current build. With every addon imaginable. well. it may drop to 28 FPS. Including about all PMDG, ORBX eyt products. Im not bragging, It really is strange when I read these post?
Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:49 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:17 PM
When Lockheed Martin completely redevelops P3D i,e true 64bit, improved autogen, night lights improvements, proper weather engine that can imitate real life METARs with accuracy and no delays in order to simulate weather as it happens in real life, take advantage of GPU, real life physics, default scenery improvement such as landscape, able to run on all available cores, GPUs & rams (spreading out work load equally) and last but not least... give us some amazing fps 60+ (we're talking 4.3ghz 2500k or better)!
When this happens, let's hope that P3D doesn't suddenly become a Lockheed in-house only simulator with no public availability.
My FSX Screenshots: http://s933.photobuc...FSX Screenshots
Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:37 PM
LOL I think what I'm getting at is, am I doing anything wrong?
You are not doing anything wrong - the detailed addon airports can bring any system to it's knees, especially with high traffic settings. Try lowering some settings (starting with traffic and weather) and see how far you have to go to get acceptable performance.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:36 PM
Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Want to get the most out of your shiny new Ivy Bridge/Haswell CPU? De-lid that bad boy!
R6025 errors? Read this.
Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:32 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:44 PM
FSX is CPU speed dependent and it looks like more cores is the future and not faster speeds. Therefore, we might never be able to run FSX as high as we would like to.
For now, buy a CPU (4 cores) and great cooler and OC the hell out of it. Then play with the FSX settings until you achieve acceptable fps.