Sign in to follow this  
tamba765

Pushback function

That's true. I love my GSX just for this function.

Yep and that's the only function I really use, the other functions make for a nice screenshot but that's about it. 

Yep and that's the only function I really use, the other functions make for a nice screenshot but that's about it.

Same here, I find the other functions to be distracting when trying to get thing set up for the flight.

They both have their things. GSX works everywhere, but only in "normal" gates and if AF data are good.

AES only works in select airports and sceneries, but you can be sure that everything will work there as it should. No buggy or strange behaviour in tight spots, realistic endpoints (not just on centerline, but in a proper spot)

I am aware of GSX and AES but I'm not about to pay $40 for a pushback function.  Just wondering if PMDG had said anything about fixing the one for the NGX.

I used FSX built-in ground services in conjunction with the PMDG-FMC-pushback function for quite a while. But:

The FSX-ground service is a huge performance hit as you have to use the highest airport-vehicles-density-setting in order to surely get service at any position. The PMDG-pushback-utility is in its current state, lets say "hard to predict".  

Since a month I also use GSX and pushback is simply great. In addition the follow me car function and animated marshaller/guidance system are doing a good job. The rest of the package (boarding, ground services) is well done eye (and ear) candy and contributes to a realistic simming experince...