Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Screenshots of PMDG B777 in development...

To whomever it is at PMDG that posts screenshots of the B777 currently in development on Facebook, I implore you to cease this policy of uploading images solely to that social network website, I don't use Facebook and I'm positive I'm not the only one. How hard is it to post new screenshots here, hmm??? I don't care if pictures are uploaded onto Facebook and this forum simultaneously, that would be great! But please stop posting them only on Facebook. This is the PMDG forum - utilise it!

You're not missing anything. As soon as screens get uploaded over there, someone uploads it here.

Social networking is one the strongest forms of marketing

Also, avsim policy doesn't allow advertising on this forum so I think that future screenshots are not to be uploaded here

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Also, I do not believe that screen shot was for show or anything, the fact that they plastered a huge PMDG logo on it, coupled with it's small size probably means it's just for advertisment, or, you know, teasing us.

When they are ready to show something big, they like to hop on their forum, and type up a whole sermon, and then to the bottom, they plaster a pictorial representation of what they talked about.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Also, avsim policy doesn't allow advertising on this forum so I think that future screenshots are not to be uploaded here

I am pretty sure PMDG are allowed to post preview screens of their product on their forum...

I am pretty sure PMDG are allowed to post preview screens of their product on their forum...

It's the Avsim forums.

Alex Ridge

If that is the case Your (and my) sig's are also not allowed?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I don't use Facebook and I'm positive I'm not the only one.

You don't have to "use" Facebook to see the images. They're posted on a publicly facing part of the site. You can get access to it just as easily as you could a Flickr site, or even these fora.

How hard is it to post new screenshots here, hmm???

How hard is it to go there and have a quick look?

https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations

See? Not so hard.

Plus, had you actually joined 2013 and the rest of the world, the image would've been pushed to you, rather than you having to seek it out here in the forum. It showed up in my news feed when I checked out Facebook yesterday.

Duplication of efforts isn't entirely necessary for just one picture. I wouldn't say your (and others') aversion to social networking should mean that they have to duplicate efforts here for just one picture. The more detailed posts with several pictures end up here anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

If that is the case Your (and my) sig's are also not allowed?

You're joking right?

Alex Ridge

I also don't have a Facebook account, used to, but didn't like having my private life available for everyone to see, and what's the point of having facebook if you're allowing only 20 people to see your status, photos, etc? I can do that without using the social network, so I ended it.

That being said, it doesn't affect me since I can look at Facebook pages of Companies like PMDG and see all their status and screenshots, so you really don't need it to see their updates. And I think it's great that they can post single screenshots like that, which they probably wouldn't do here, since people would expect a long text updating the current situation of their products, while at Facebook they can get away with one picture every other week and people love it.

Alexis Mefano

You know you can use social networks to simply keep up, without neccessarily interacting with anything, right?

I mean, I don't use Twitter, but I follow some accounts and check in every once in a while... and that is perfectly enough.

Heck, you don't even need to visit the site, just set it so that it sends you a mail if PMDG update their page...

You're joking right?

If what you say i.e. "Avsim policy does not allow advertising" is true.Then all the banners which mention paid for products are in fact advertising and not allowed, So no, I suppose I'm not joking

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hi Kyle (scandinavian13)

The case is that someone is not using Facebook just because do not want to, but also some like me for instance cannot use facebook even i wish to.

Now i live in China where Facebook, YouTube and other social networks are banned and access is completely blocked.

For me this forum is the only source of news, and place to see any updates.

BR/Artur

Artur 

Do me a favor Alex. Stop interpreting for us. These are the PMDG forums and are "owned" by PMDG. They can post screen shots here, advertise here, do whatever they want here, including setting their own rules for your use of their forums, as they want.

Do me a favor Alex. Stop interpreting for us. These are the PMDG forums and are "owned" by PMDG. They can post screen shots here, advertise here, do whatever they want here, including setting their own rules for your use of their forums, as they want.

It's the Forum Police Epidemic, Tom, I'm telling ya! lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️