•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Risk of Closure
 Screenshots of PMDG B777 in development...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 mcbellette

mcbellette

• Members
  • 1,806 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 4 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

To whomever it is at PMDG that posts screenshots of the B777 currently in development on Facebook, I implore you to cease this policy of uploading images solely to that social network website, I don't use Facebook and I'm positive I'm not the only one. How hard is it to post new screenshots here, hmm??? I don't care if pictures are uploaded onto Facebook and this forum simultaneously, that would be great! But please stop posting them only on Facebook. This is the PMDG forum - utilise it!
Matthew Bellette

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 aceridgey

aceridgey

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,850 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

You're not missing anything. As soon as screens get uploaded over there, someone uploads it here.

Social networking is one the strongest forms of marketing

Also, avsim policy doesn't allow advertising on this forum so I think that future screenshots are not to be uploaded here

Alex Ridge [Operations - An Airline, UK]
ne93ci.jpg
Join the newly created FSX community! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

#3 IFRClearance

IFRClearance

Member - 2,000+

• Gallery Owner
  • 2,327 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 20 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Also, I do not believe that screen shot was for show or anything, the fact that they plastered a huge PMDG logo on it, coupled with it's small size probably means it's just for advertisment, or, you know, teasing us.

When they are ready to show something big, they like to hop on their forum, and type up a whole sermon, and then to the bottom, they plaster a pictorial representation of what they talked about.

Regards,

Jamaljé Bassue

#4 Fabo

Fabo

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,364 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Also, avsim policy doesn't allow advertising on this forum so I think that future screenshots are not to be uploaded here

I am pretty sure PMDG are allowed to post preview screens of their product on their forum...

BRGDS Peter

RTFM.jpg

#5 aceridgey

aceridgey

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I am pretty sure PMDG are allowed to post preview screens of their product on their forum...

It's the Avsim forums.

ne93ci.jpg

#6 SierraHotel

SierraHotel

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 3 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

If that is the case Your (and my) sig's are also not allowed?

Mike Collins aka Mike Collins

#7 scandinavian13

scandinavian13

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 9 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I don't use Facebook and I'm positive I'm not the only one.

You don't have to "use" Facebook to see the images. They're posted on a publicly facing part of the site. You can get access to it just as easily as you could a Flickr site, or even these fora.

How hard is it to post new screenshots here, hmm???

How hard is it to go there and have a quick look?
https://www.facebook...pmdgsimulations

See? Not so hard.

Plus, had you actually joined 2013 and the rest of the world, the image would've been pushed to you, rather than you having to seek it out here in the forum. It showed up in my news feed when I checked out Facebook yesterday.

Duplication of efforts isn't entirely necessary for just one picture. I wouldn't say your (and others') aversion to social networking should mean that they have to duplicate efforts here for just one picture. The more detailed posts with several pictures end up here anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

Need help learning how to do something? Check out my YouTube channel.

Boeing777_Banner_Betateam.jpg

#8 aceridgey

aceridgey

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

If that is the case Your (and my) sig's are also not allowed?

You're joking right?

ne93ci.jpg

#9 Alec

Alec

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I also don't have a Facebook account, used to, but didn't like having my private life available for everyone to see, and what's the point of having facebook if you're allowing only 20 people to see your status, photos, etc? I can do that without using the social network, so I ended it.

That being said, it doesn't affect me since I can look at Facebook pages of Companies like PMDG and see all their status and screenshots, so you really don't need it to see their updates. And I think it's great that they can post single screenshots like that, which they probably wouldn't do here, since people would expect a long text updating the current situation of their products, while at Facebook they can get away with one picture every other week and people love it.

Alexis Mefano

#10 Fabo

Fabo

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,364 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 7 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

You know you can use social networks to simply keep up, without neccessarily interacting with anything, right?

I mean, I don't use Twitter, but I follow some accounts and check in every once in a while... and that is perfectly enough.
Heck, you don't even need to visit the site, just set it so that it sends you a mail if PMDG update their page...

BRGDS Peter

RTFM.jpg

#11 SierraHotel

SierraHotel

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 3 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

You're joking right?

If what you say i.e. "Avsim policy does not allow advertising" is true.Then all the banners which mention paid for products are in fact advertising and not allowed, So no, I suppose I'm not joking

Mike Collins aka Mike Collins

#12 Artpom

Artpom

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 8 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hi Kyle (scandinavian13)

The case is that someone is not using Facebook just because do not want to, but also some like me for instance cannot use facebook even i wish to.
Now i live in China where Facebook, YouTube and other social networks are banned and access is completely blocked.
For me this forum is the only source of news, and place to see any updates.

BR/Artur

Artur Pomajda

#13 Tom Allensworth

Tom Allensworth

Publisher & CEO

• Root Admin
  • 12,986 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Do me a favor Alex. Stop interpreting for us. These are the PMDG forums and are "owned" by PMDG. They can post screen shots here, advertise here, do whatever they want here, including setting their own rules for your use of their forums, as they want.

Tom Allensworth us.png
Publisher - AVSIM Online
See My Blog - Tom's Blog

AVSIM Facebook: www.facebook.com/avsim

AVSIM Twitter: https://twitter.com/avsimonline

My Facebook: www.facebook.com/tom.allensworth

AOPA Member # 09052186
aopa.png
Would you like your own AVSIM Blog? Simple! Enter the BLOG system and create yours today!

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help
| Add Your Site to the Links Database! | FSX Hardware & Software Guide | Request Support | FAQ's

Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country): 

ca.png Canada | bg.png Bulgaria | gb.png United Kingdom | au.png Australia | ie.png Ireland | in.png India | eg.png Egypt
th.png Thailand | gd.png Grenada | hu.png Hungary | co.png Colombia | nl.png Netherlands | fr.png France | us.png U.S.A.

#14 BimmerCop

BimmerCop

Member - 1,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 6 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Do me a favor Alex. Stop interpreting for us. These are the PMDG forums and are "owned" by PMDG. They can post screen shots here, advertise here, do whatever they want here, including setting their own rules for your use of their forums, as they want.

It's the Forum Police Epidemic, Tom, I'm telling ya! lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org

#15 ajpongress

ajpongress

I play near jet engines

• Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Well this thread is going downhill quick.

AJ Pongress Ramp Operator/Loader - CYUL International Terminal

Problem with your PMDG product? Submit a ticket: http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This Topic Is Now Being Monitored by AVSIM Staff

This topic is being monitored by AVSIM Staff and moderators because it appears to be at risk of "going south", "getting out of hand", "abusive" or moving toward violating our Terms of Service. Be advised that this topic could be closed without additional notice and you REALLY, REALLY, do not want your post in this topic to be the one that caused that to happen. Please do not contribute further to the risk of closure of this topic. If you are wondering why this notice is posted on this topic, please re-read our Terms of Service.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!