Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Screenshots of PMDG B777 in development...

Wow. From a preview shot to all out war about Facebook.

We need a new award section for "Most bizarre post".

Considering that PMDG transferred parts of their development team to other projects last year which was, I quote, a "really good sign for all of you that are awaiting release of the PMDG 777!" (Mr. Randazzo on Dec 22, 2012), I am a bit troubled that nearly three more months have passed and nothing happened (well, at least nothing visible for the average customer).

Yeah I guess we have to hope they haven't got held up for whatever reason like they did last year. Them saying no announcing beta should be a clear sign they're not going to update us on anything. Because they can't talk about something that they don't want anyone knowing about.. lol.

My two penneth regarding PMDG's policy to not give out any release date is that it's full on developer abdication, or some type of new policy to stir up 'need,' after all, when you want something and can't have it, its human nature to want it more.

Now when your products are good, I can appreciate that you want to protect your reputation by not releasing a substandard programme. I also understand how software works and that release dates are always underestimated. Microsoft got round this issue by inventing service packs.

I think they think they can get away with it because they are producing for a minority audience. Because they know they are good they are holding the audience to ransom.

This behaviour is dictatorial and arrogant.

Every company I've ever worked for has a deadline. You publish that deadline to your customers, internal or external for transparency. Also, to deliver against the competition.

Again, their is no competition so they can do what they like. Is this behaviour acceptable?

I'd like the triple 7 like many others but I don't appreciate being treated like a child.

I don't know of one company that does or has ever released a release date for a project they themselves have no real idea when it would be even ready enough to guess.

I couldn't name one that shoot from the hip like that and just gives a wild guess from the top of their head.

My two penneth regarding PMDG's policy to not give out any release date is that it's full on developer abdication, or some type of new policy to stir up 'need,' after all, when you want something and can't have it, its human nature to want it more.

Now when your products are good, I can appreciate that you want to protect your reputation by not releasing a substandard programme. I also understand how software works and that release dates are always underestimated. Microsoft got round this issue by inventing service packs.

I think they think they can get away with it because they are producing for a minority audience. Because they know they are good they are holding the audience to ransom.

Every company I've ever worked for has a deadline. You publish that deadline to your customers, internal or external for transparency. Also, to deliver against the competition.

Again, their is no competition so they can do what they like. Is this behaviour acceptable?

I'd like the triple 7 like many others but I don't appreciate being treated like a child.

I don't think PMDG is staying quiet about release dates to tease you into wanting it more. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the complexity for the software and the fact that "deadlines" are rarely met. Just look at all the grief that Aerosoft got when they delayed the release of the Airbus Extended.

While I do consider PMDG the best of the best, I also wouldn't say they have no competition.

Just a notice to everyone else. Darkstar's post containing this rant just got him banned entirely from ALL the PMDG forums. Take notice... We are not going to accept this kind of childish drivel spewed in anyone's direction and when we say that we are monitoring a topic, we mean we are monitoring a topic for exactly this kind of BS.

And now I am locking this thread.