Sign in to follow this  
pinlifter

Nice Touch by United

This guy got to see his dying mom in time thanks to United Airlines crews making it happen:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c1

Reminds me of when my mom passed away of cancer in 2008. I was called for work to take a train back to my home terminal. My sister called that morning and told me the hospice nurse said it doesn't look like she's going to hold on much longer, you better get home now. In tears, I called up the boss and he sent the engineer home, ordered a crew van to take me directly to my mom's house an hour away where I rushed inside and got to spend the last 45 minutes with her before she passed. I'm forever grateful for that to happen and I'm sure this guy feels the same way.

Chris Sunseri

Awesome story man. Thanks for sharing this with us. Cpt out.

What a nice story, great to see the human touch hasn't left such a large airline, fair play to United and their staff.

Reminds me of a different story I like to use when training in people on our own Company Ethos; http://goo.gl/cxKbr

I think the day we stop going out of our way to help those in a time of need is a sad day...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

What a very moving story, Chris.Thanks for sharing. Cannot help feeling emotional reading that link having also lost somebody close to me. Humanity has a way of surfacing and reinforcing the belief that there are good guys out there.

Reminds me of a time at VABB for an LH flight to EDDF when I was aboard a Lufthansa A340-400 and we were awaiting push-back when I realized I had left my PDA that contained all my job's and personal records and files at the security scanner check. A panicked call for help to the Lufthansa CSD, and she managed to get the Kapitan to hold that p/b until ground services located that PDA in the security scan tray. Needless to say, I wrote to the CEO at Lufthansa expressing my immense gratitude and compliments to be passed on to that particualr flight's crew.

In today's increasingly corporate world it's reassuring to see that humanity can still be displayed on occasion. Well done those people ! 

Reminds me of a different story I like to use when training in people on our own Company Ethos; http://goo.gl/cxKbr

That's quite a story. My wife is currently studying for her masters with the University of Manchester, and occasionally flies over there for study days on campus. She always insists on booking with Aer Lingus because she feels that if there's a problem she's more likely to be helped than be seen as a money-making opportunity.

It's nice to see people who prefer to bend the rules to help, rather than follow them slavishly and do nothing for someone in a tight spot.

While nice...sad stories follows.  My mother was dying, they would not give me any sort of discount for a last minute flight.  Then my father passed away unexpectedly and they would not give any discount until I had a death certificate and filled out a form (besides everything else we had to do). Even then, they said it was maybe a 5% discount.  It just was not worth the hassle with everything we had to do.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

That's quite a story. My wife is currently studying for her masters with the University of Manchester, and occasionally flies over there for study days on campus. She always insists on booking with Aer Lingus because she feels that if there's a problem she's more likely to be helped than be seen as a money-making opportunity.

It's nice to see people who prefer to bend the rules to help, rather than follow them slavishly and do nothing for someone in a tight spot.

Thanks, we appreciate that people recognise that we're trying to differentiate ourselves from another unnamed airline by actually taking care of our passengers and doing what we can within reason to help them when things don't go to plan.

Nice to see that people see this.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

United is a large airline and a lot going on but I can say they do have people that do care. My sister-in-law is one and she has worked for them for decades now, she is also the type of person that will do what ever it takes to get someone to where they have to be in situations like this. She is United's go to girl for situations when they happen.

A lot of good people work there and do great jobs for that airline, we just rarely here about the good stories.

Matthew Kane