Hey guys, I recently updated my GTX 670 from a 560ti and I love it, I really do. Textures load so much quicker for me now.

One issue I am having, that even maxing out NI AA and AF is that I am still seeing, maybe 200 feet or 300 feet down the runway lines turning jagged. It is almost on any surface. Wings, lines and such.

If I turn on it a certain way is looks great but even in the cockpit, out the corner of my eye I can see where it is a little jagged.

I don't remember this so with my 560.

Does anyone who used a 670 have any advise or how they got around this? I have tried settings for AA and AF in game also on and off and see no difference.

Thanks for any help or tips you may have.

Very interested in this, too, since I am going to be having a GTX 670FTW installed tomorrow. Hope you get some positive replies on this.

BTW, what driver are you using? I am planning on using 314.07.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Bill are you using NI these settings may need to be changed also need to know what your fsx graphic settings are this should be fixable easy enough.

Rich Sennett

Have you run NI and checked and saved your setting after installing the videocard/ driver?

I will check tonight when I get home. Sorry for the late replies, lost this post over the past week.

I have the same settings in NI as when I had the 560ti, and will post them, along with FSX settings.

I will say that I run everything in FSX max except for AutoGen.

I have complexity maxed out, and run Very Dense for Autogen, advanced animation is checked, and I have AA on ingame, and AF unchecked.

Have you run NI and checked and saved your setting after installing the videocard/ driver?

I've recently made the switch from an older ati to the 670 ftw. Definitely more "jaggeds" with the new card and not just in fsx. NI helped me a lot but read the various guides on correct use of NI! Other effects seem better (a lot better) with the 670 (smoke, light, reflections, etc). So overall i was pleased. I say was as it died after about five weeks of use and is on its way back to the manufacturer under RMA.

Tristan

What a coincidence, I made a thread about this exact same problem a few days ago. I also have a 670, from Asus. 

I also have the exact same problem, runway lines look jagged while sitting on the runway. You can turn down or turn up the AA but it will keep looking jagged no matter what you do even when you use default AA. I think it's a bug in FSX where certain objects are not being anti-aliased. For example, it also happens occasionally with the autobrake knob and the engine mode selector knobs in the NGX, they just turn jagged. 

I can remember having had the same problem with my GTX 580 and GTX 560Ti. 

The problem you are noticing with runway lines where they turn jagged, is normal in FSX and cannot be fixed. Try taking off in a heli while sitting on the runway and you should notice they "unjag" when at about 50-100 ft. Also at a distance they are not jagged. It's a strange problem because the image quality of other objects in FSX is phenomenal. I think it's got to do something with the fact that the runway markings are no proper textures but simply white patches and therefore might not be detected properly by the GPU as textures that should be anti-aliased. 

I also don't think it's got to do anything with the GTX 670 specifically because I also had it with my previous 5xx cards. It might be NVIDIA related though, of course they also have their bad sides just like AMD. 

I don't think there is a fix, but if there is I'd like to know it.

I have the 670 ftw also, and have the same problem, - no matter what I do, I cant get rid, its a case of get it as best you can.

although I have moved the camera around to pick it at its worst.

EDIT: (removal of secondary photo)

Try deleting the FSX Inspector profile altogether, and create one from scratch.

Try deleting the FSX Inspector profile altogether, and create one from scratch.

Of course we all tried that already. And it happens with default AA as well so NI is not the problem. Don't you have the problem with the jagged runway lines then Dazz? Please take a good look, FSX will look crisp but the runway lines on default airports should be jagged. I had it on my 580 too and I'm 95% positive that it is not 670 related only. 

attachicon.gifjaggies.jpg  I have the 670 ftw also, and have the same problem, - no matter what I do, I cant get rid, its a case of get it as best you can.

although I have moved the camera around to pick it at its worst.

EDIT: (removal of secondary photo)

Confirms exactly what I'm seeing. FSX is 100% crisp except for those runway lines. 

Of course we all tried that already. And it happens with default AA as well so NI is not the problem. Don't you have the problem with the jagged runway lines then Dazz? Please take a good look, FSX will look crisp but the runway lines on default airports should be jagged. I had it on my 580 too and I'm 95% positive that it is not 670 related only. 

Confirms exactly what I'm seeing. FSX is 100% crisp except for those runway lines. 

DX10?

Nope, running only DX9.

Then I don't get it. At 8xS + 2xSGSS your runways shouldn't look like that. Do they look even worse with no AA at all? meaning "regular" AA, not transparency AA

Then I don't get it. At 8xS + 2xSGSS your runways shouldn't look like that. Do they look even worse with no AA at all? meaning "regular" AA, not transparency AA

Yes they do look worse with no AA at all. I am running 8xS + 2xSGSS + 16AF and it improves the jagginess but never fixes it. Please not it never happens on custom runway textures on add-on airports, only on the runways of default airports. 

Yes they do look worse with no AA at all. I am running 8xS + 2xSGSS + 16AF and it improves the jagginess but never fixes it. Please not it never happens on custom runway textures on add-on airports, only on the runways of default airports. 

Yeah, I know default runways do that, but nowhere near as bad as in flyingnoob's pic