Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Active X problem starting FSX

Hi Guys !

After a while and asking and asking around this forum is my last chance to try to understand what happen to my FSX. So i am forced to bother the expert of this comunity.

I installed FSX And the acceleration pack then some add on and all worked. After a while when i launched FSX i had following error:

An Active x cntrol on this page might be unsafe to interact with other part of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?

If i click on yes the sim open and i can use it but if i click on NO i have this other message:

An error has occured in the script on this page:
LIne: 10
Char:1
Error: Activex component cant create ojbect:"Scripting.fileSytemObject"
Code: 0
Url: File:///F:/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/Uires/nobief.htm

Do u want to continue running scripts on this page?

So the problem is about the file nobrief.htm in the uires Folder.

On the net i found another nobrief.htm file and i copied it inside the folder and overwrite and the error disapperead but then again it appears. I disinstalled the sim different times but this error is always there to bother. And i am pretty sure it cause some problems on the sim.

Anyone ofyou know or have idea on what i can do?

Thanks in advance to whoever can give me an answer.

Alfredo

Looks like a Direct X issue. Update/repair your Direct X from Microsoft.

HI !

I downloaded the file dxwebsetup from the microsfot site i installed it and the problem is exactly the same.

Salme warning error..the more i noticed this i have downlioaded 3 different file nobriefe.htm and when i install them overwritting the existing one the error disappear and it appear again after launching a a flight. I laubnch a flight a when i close it i have this error again and even if i overwrite the file with the same files the error never disappear anymore.

Thansk

I think that's Java script.  Uninstall Java or update it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OP,

What operating system are you using?

I downloaded this file JavaSetup7u17 installed it reboot and same problem.....This is a really odd problem...

Last late discover! I installed Explorer 10 and when i launch FSX and the warning message about the active x appear internet Explorer open too. I close it and if i click on yes internet explore opens again if i click on no it doesnt open. At the end the connection bewteen FSX and nobriefe.htm is not understandable..

Did you try disabling Java in IE10 (or IE9) addons?  Did this problem begin after installing IE10?  I had issues with this program so returned to IE9.  Another solution would be to go to the Tool menu in IE and select Internet Options.  Go to the Advanced Tab and click on Restore Advanced Settings.  If that doesn't work, then click on Reset IE settings.  In the advanced tab you can set up scripting and you must have enabled it under ActiveX or something like that.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well for an odd reason i had FSX inatalled on an old computer and i had this problem. Then i bought a new computer installed all and i thougt i would have never had this problem anymore but i was wrong. Anyway i think i tries all the setting in the IE options advanced section, internet section under custom level and so on. All scripts are enable but i will give a try and the problem started long ago. not after installing Explore 10 after explorer 10 i have the isse that as soon as the active x warning message open internet explorer open as well-

Thanks Again for ur time

Well now i discovered than if i navigate into the UIRES folder An click on Nobrief .htm immedialty open an HTM page and and intenet advice telling:" Internet explore restricted this page from runnin scripts or active x controll:     then a function asking if i allow blocked content. If i click on allow it opens again the message about the active x controll and so on.

How can i set this page not from being restricted? And more is there anyone who could mail me the nobrief.htm in the UIRES folder? So i can check it? or tell me whee i can find it in the two DVD.

Thanks Again 

The default nobrief.htm only contains one line in it - There is no briefing available for this flight.  So, if you open up your nobrief.htm and copy that line into your copy and then save it then you have the nobrief.htm.  Like I stated, you have a problem with Internet Explorer as one of the settings in your IE is scripting this nobrief.htm when you start up fsx.  You should go to Internet Options and, in the Security Tab, click on Internet and click on default.  This will change the settings to default.  Do this for all of the other tabs.  Restart your computer before trying to use FSX again.  Also run a registry cleaner.

I am not sure this will fix this problem as you are the only one I have found that has gotten it via Google.  It's possible that some software modified it as it is a normal HTML file that supports all the scripting technologies and HTML file can support just like on any website.  So someone might have modified it and it is not scripted as required by HTML guides.  By modifying your copy of nobrief.htm with just the one line as I showed above, this should fix the problem if this is the case.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi ! I almost did like u said but i didnt modify my nobrief file. I opened note pad and saved it empty as nobrief.htm then i deleted the file in the folder and put the new one a,d till now i dont have that problem anymore. Let's cross fingers anyway.

Thanks for the kind help of the forum

Hi Alfredo,

Glad you finally got it fixed.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM