Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

Awesome pics and writeup! What is that "do not remove from aircraft" red thing hanging in the back of the cockpit for?

To see if you can follow instructions.  B)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nice!

Thank you for the update Captain, I noticed that it's really easy on the eyes for those long hauls in the VC.

I'm definitely smelling soup!

Looks like I'm gonna have to but a new keyboard.....

This one is soaked in drool.................

To see if you can follow instructions.  B)

Yep that makes replacing the cabin grab n' go and ancillary kits a bit tricky  :P

I only have one question, what is the performance and memory usage like compared to the NGX?

BTW love the way you guys did the landing lights!

I only have one question, what is the performance and memory usage like compared to the NGX?

Bryan-

Overall on my machines performance in the 777 is better than the NGX just slightly.  That being said, we have not started optimizing it for release yet- so with some luck that will continue to be the case over the long run.

Is the wear and tear modeled similar to the NGX or can we set an option to add hours day by day to simulate other crews flying it?

To add to what RSR said, we're using some techniques with the textures and stuff that are different than how things were done with the NGX. That combined with the overall lower and cleaner geometric complexity of the 777's cockpit vs. the NG's (in real life I mean) means you'll probably see some gains (this isn't a guarantee, but it's what we expect to be the case).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We are still tuning the night backlighting color/hue using spectrum data from our friends up in Seattle

Oh please, Rob, just tell us you are tweaking the night lighting. We all know you are basing the lighting effects off pictures. Don't give us this malarkey about how you have a team using spectrometers to analyze the spectrum of lighting generated by the 777 night lighting. I'm sure Boeing engineers have nothing better to do than send emails back and forth with a developer of flight simulation airplanes. 

We can all see through your fancy-talk. Just give it to use straight. You are still working on the night lighting. We get it. 

Other than that, looks amazing. I will pick it up just like I have all your other products. Well done. 

FO will be flying around with one arm crossed over the other with the trim switches on the FO yoke :D (Not nitpicking, just imagining an FO trying to fly like that :D).

Cheers for the update Rob!

What about the refuel option like the MD-11?

Thanks for the update anyways.

What about the refuel option like the MD-11?

Thanks for the update anyways.

I hope that option made a return.

Kylan-

Wait...  Who said anything about a spectrometer?  I mentioned spectrum data- did that confuse you, maybe?

The amount of data we have on this airplane is massive.  It happens to include the color specifications that get passed to the entities responsible for manufacturing parts for the airplane.

In this case- the color of nearly every light/lens/indicator/display is defined, as well as everything from how much energy the various lights can use, how much heat they may generate, how much light they produce based on dimmer regulation.  All of this is prepared using industry standard measurements, etc.

(Standardization bodies are a wonderful thing.)

So no- some poor engineer at Boeing isn't running around with a spectrometer on PMDG's behalf- we were provided with this information as part of the data package from which we work, and yes we use as much of the data as is relevant to our work.

FO will be flying around with one arm crossed over the other with the trim switches on the FO yoke :D (Not nitpicking, just imagining an FO trying to fly like that :D).

Cheers for the update Rob!

James-

Yeah- I noticed that too right after Vin sent over the photos...  He did this in the NGX initially as well, you'll recall.  He is a slow learner.  :lol: