Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

Robert,

I just skimmed through your post picking up bits and parts. So, is there a release date set? I'm sure most of us would like to know that!

Now, slowwwly, calmly ease back from that ban button, I was just foolin! So ill just hop back in my NGX and go home. No-one gets hurt and this ends peacefully.

All kidding aside. Looks amazing you guys. Can't wait to hear those 90's spool up!

Will there be a Performance Calculator for T/O/Landings?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I only have one question, what is the performance and memory usage like compared to the NGX?

BTW love the way you guys did the landing lights!

On my machine which is approximately 3 years old now and still running strong, I'm getting slightly better FPS with the model compared to the NGX even though the exterior model has significantly more polygons than the NGX. We're looking at about 60% more polys than the NGX.

Glad someone noticed the landing lights, we've spent a good amount of time in getting the lights looking right. I think you will also like the new nav and strobe light ground splash effect, they have been significantly improved.

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

On my machine which is approximately 3 years old now and still running strong, I'm getting slightly better FPS with the model compared to the NGX even though the exterior model has significantly more polygons than the NGX. We're looking at about 60% more polys than the NGX.

Glad someone noticed the landing lights, we've spent a good amount of time in getting the lights looking right. I think you will also like the new nav and strobe light ground splash effect, they have been significantly improved.

Cheers,

Good to hear on the light splashes, those were my favorite visual effects from the exterior on the NGX. 

Thank's for this great update. :rolleyes:

Very impressive, I especially can't wait to get stuck into the ECL.

Look forward to upcoming techie updates.

Sweet!

First of all, Robert and the whole PMDG team, thank you for being there and providing us those kind of products. Thank you for your tremendous effort!

I can't wait to get my hands on the controls of this baby and feel the power of those two GE90 suckers. Everything looks spot on and matches the quality we have seen in the NGX - well it looks even better since it's a 777.

I was very happy tp read that the initial release will include the Freighter too, since this is the model I want to fly the most.

Take care and once again, thank you!

Can't wait

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Is this something that can be easily ported back to the NGX?

Thanks for the update...

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Hello Dear Sirs;

I have been waiting for this product for so long..! Since I got my hands on your MD-11, I have been waiting, what would you do with the B777. From what I see now, I am absolutely stunned. Something very beautiful :wub: . I can't wait to get my hands on this incredible plane; you can be sure I'll be purchasing this. You have done almost an inhuman job to make this look and feel so real, I'm sure.

Thank you once more from your previous products too. My current favorite is the MD-11.

With regards,

Henri Niskala

Helsinki, Finland B) 

Fly like an Eagle...

AWESOME! Not much leaves me speechless, but this did. Thanks you so much for giving us all a clue. Cpt out.

I wonder what he meant when he said "Will I be able to buy it as a mother's day gift for my mum?"

Hey Mario, most countries "celebrate" Mother's Day early in May.  I think it's just another way of trying to prise a release date out of Robert :rolleyes: !  Speaking for myself, my life is not exactly on hold pending the 777's release (still SO much to learn about the NGX, with the little time I get for flightsimming these days) but after reading Robert's posting and seeing these amazing screenshots, waiting for the 777's release has just become that little bit harder :biggrin: .

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg