Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

And to anticipate your possible next question: "it will be out when it will be ready".

Those two questions give me headaches.

you forgot to mention the EFB issue as well Emmanuel  :P

These are symptoms of a near to come release*:

- increase of the 4 questions "PMDG for dummies" : release date, EFB, weather radar, 2D cockpit,

- high volume of DEFCON 1-like posts: "omg ! omg !"

- comments on screenshots, or what not to see of a T7 on FSX through the Arecibo telescope. For instance: "the wing curve got a cos0,5 mistake".

You're welcome.

*"near to come" is from 1 nanosecond to 3 years and a half.

More polys in the cockpit please.. and make the least use in real pictures for textures. It just looks awful for a 2013 addon. Those pilot seats especially need a small boost of polys and improved texture mapping. The white knobs look too plain (no baked shadow), hopefully that changes as well. Get those texture artists to create the textures from scratch, that's what I'm basically saying. A pretty much perfect example of how to accomplish a good cockpit is Aerosoft's airbus x. Majestic seem to be the first to mimic that in their fine dash. I think all others should follow suit.

More polys in the cockpit please.. and make the least use in real pictures for textures. It just looks awful for a 2013 addon. Those pilot seats especially need a small boost of polys and improved texture mapping. The white knobs look too plain (no baked shadow), hopefully that changes as well. Get those texture artists to create the textures from scratch, that's what I'm basically saying. A pretty much perfect example of how to accomplish a good cockpit is Aerosoft's airbus x. Majestic seem to be the first to mimic that in their fine dash. I think all others should follow suit.

You are required to sign all posts with your full name first of all. Second, there is a new preview thread pinned for the virtual cockpit...this is nearly 4 months old. Third of all, your comments are ridiculous, quite frankly. They created the textures using thousands of images from a survey, from what I understand. If you think PMDG won't release a perfect VC, you've probably never flown the NGX. The NGX also has clearer textures when zoomed in than any other addon aircraft, and the 777 cockpit will be better.

Judging from screen shots, the texture work can be better, but probably the mesh as well (In some parts at least). I'll check the other thread.

Btw, I'd appreciate a milder attitude and not calling my comments ridiculous. I hold to my opinion. Thank you.

More polys in the flight deck? You obviously don't even know the 777's flight deck well enough by saying that. The 777's flight deck colours look different in VARIOUS photos because different lighting has a massive effect. Try to trust PMDG know what they're doing...

Judging from screen shots, the texture work can be better, but probably the mesh as well (In some parts at least). I'll check the other thread.

Btw, I'd appreciate a milder attitude and not calling my comments ridiculous. I hold to my opinion. Thank you.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412156-24jun13-pmdg-777-virtual-cockpit-preview/

I'm sure the thousands of photographs pmdg took must be completely inaccurate.....

Judging from screen shots, the texture work can be better

Remember, screenshots always look different from the actual product. From what you're saying textures aren't that great looking. Trust me you won't be saying that when you have it in your hangar :wink:

adi518, on 06 Jul 2013 - 7:56 PM, said:

Btw, I'd appreciate a milder attitude and not calling my comments ridiculous. I hold to my opinion. Thank you.

While I can understand your reasoning, I would like to let you know that your original comments came across as demanding and somewhat rude, hence the strong responses you received from other members.

No, that wasn't my point. I'm just trying to give feedback basing on what I saw in the ngx, that's all really. The point is not the quality of the photos they use for textures. The point is, building up textures > textures. Ofc, you have to use some photo texture here and there but if you mainly design those textures from scratch, it will look a lot better. That's why I gave the airbus example. Cut the flame war please, and read carefully.  ^_^

Oh cute, look!  A troll!

Only it isn't one of those smart trolls...  It's one of those regular trolls.  :ph34r:

<ignore list>

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com