•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

MD11 and Windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brucek

brucek

Member - 4,000+

• Members
  • 4,432 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have FSX Gold installed in Windows 8 64 bit, and is working well most of the time. I have used the MD11 in this instance of FSX before, but am finding tonight that I get a CTD whenever I try to load the MD11- whether into a new flight (have also tried loading the Trike first), as well as loading previous saved flights with the MD11. I have also restarted and "cold booted" the PC. The PMDG NGX appears to continue to work well.

Are there any known issues with the MD11 and Windows 8? I am not a big user of the MD11, but more curious than anything as to why it's doing the CTD thing. No new add-ons or programs added recently other than the FS2Crew for the NGX and the companion FS2Crew NGX-failures add-on. I also have the UIAutomationCore.dll fix and my fsx.cfg edited with the fixes in the fsx guide published here at AVSIM. AppCrashView reports the fault module as PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.

Thanks for any answers or info. Bruce.
ASEL, Instrument.
KBJC, Colorado.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 quicksilver46c

quicksilver46c

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 5 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi Bruce,

*DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT A COMPUTER GUY*

I had a lot of issues before with FSX on Win 8, but found a rather obvious workaround that has let me use FS Passengers, FSX, and PMDG aircraft at the same time (a fatal concoction in the past). I reset my PC completely (that means reinstalling Win 8 from scratch and removing all my files). I had an unrelated computer issue that was just easier to solve this way.

When it came time to install FSX and all my addons, I ensured that I ran all the installers in Administrator mode and compatibility mode set for Windows 7

Now they all jive like a charm!

Mike Pochettino

#3 brucek

brucek

Member - 4,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thanks- I had always thought that the "Run in Administrator Mode" and "Compatibility Mode set for Windows 7" were applied to the executable file after installation by right clicking, but I later figured out that they are install options. One day I will reinstall FSX, sometime when I have the time, my current install is rather recent so not too much stuff added that I have bought in the past but now never use :)

Thanks for the advice.... Bruce.
ASEL, Instrument.
KBJC, Colorado.

#4 gnomegemini

gnomegemini

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 3 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I am using the MD-11 and also FSX within Windows 8 Pro and have no problems so far. FSX doesn't run in admin mode, but I installed them to a different drive (Because I have a SSD on C for Windows and my Apps from Steam+Origin; FSX is much too big).

Kind regards,

Stefan Sondermann

#5 brucek

brucek

Member - 4,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I am using the MD-11 and also FSX within Windows 8 Pro and have no problems so far. FSX doesn't run in admin mode, but I installed them to a different drive (Because I have a SSD on C for Windows and my Apps from Steam+Origin; FSX is much too big).

Thanks-  after I re-installed the MD11 all appears to work OK....

Bruce.

ASEL, Instrument.
KBJC, Colorado.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!