Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

FlyTampa St. Maarten?

Yikes! Is that a real photo or one from FSX? 

Real - Here is an FSX photo, different airplane, same runway..

Bert

I concur that the FlyTampa St. Maarten product is a classic and to this day one of my all time favorite sceneries. I first got it when it came out years ago for FS9 and fell in love with it right away. I missed it for a long time when switching to FSX since it took them quite some time to make an FSX version.

I dont even know how many flights I must have done between St. Maarten and St. Barts in choppers or light a/c, but it must have easily been in the hundreds and at all times of day. When I combine those flights with the airliner flights from San Juan and Miami or Ft Lauderdale, it must be one of my most used sceneries I have ever bought next to FSDT's KDFW (my home airport).

It's one of those sceneries that is no cool that after using it and watching all the real world youtube videos of Maho beach and flights coming in to land, you will probably want to visit there sometime in   real life.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is nice scenery, not quite as new or detailed as some of the Orbx stuff, but the best scenery for the area available. These are some shots I took awhile ago while messing around in the P-40. St Barts and Saba

5CGcW.jpg

VPvaJ.jpg

ER8r5.jpg
KSG3x.jpg

Cheers

TJ

It is nice scenery, not quite as new or detailed as some of the Orbx stuff, but the best scenery for the area available. These are some shots I took awhile ago while messing around in the P-40. St Barts and Saba

5CGcW.jpg

VPvaJ.jpg

ER8r5.jpg

KSG3x.jpg

Cheers

TJ

I disagree completely! I think it's far better than the Orbx scenery. Better frames, just as good or better detail, and you get 3 addon airports for the price of one! FlyTampa Grenada is another great addition and you can pick up ImagineSim TJSJ, the TropicalSim sceneries and island hop all over the Caribbean.

The ft st Maarten scenery along with grenadines rocks.

I've had both for quite a while and love it.

Great level of detail and great frames.

Hirdy

I don't know B747-400F,  I didn't see any dancing girls at Maho Beach :lol:

Real - Here is an FSX photo, different airplane, same runway..

All right. I was thinking the level of realism had approached new heights if that actually was FSX. At any rate, this post caused me to run over to the FT site and purchase St. Maarten! Nice!

Yeah it's a beautiful scenery. I keep forgetting to get the Grenadines package but I really want it.

Does anybody know if it's possible to remove the old terminal?

Lee

Haha, that dancing chick looks acts like a girl I once knew. If you kept that rolling after a few songs she would end up laying on that picnic table with all three guys.

Anyway, some of my shots from TNCM/TFFJ. I never did get to SABA to compare. Maybe next year...(shots show some areas around both airports)

https://picasaweb.google.com/115015307264021148201/TNCMTFFJMarch2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Perfect combination :rolleyes:

This is a joke! you sure you didn't pull a swifty and post a real world shot? that scenery is incrfedable

ZORAN

Great airport, I have flown there plenty of times, from as far as Amsterdam in both the PMDG MD-11 and 747 (with the necessary fuel stops at nearby TNCC Curacao airport for return trip to EHAM), with the PMDG J41 with hops to TJSJ San Juan Puerto Rico, and with the PMDG NGX as Delta Airlines flights to KATL.   I think it's in the most beautiful location in FSX, and the short runway is a real challenge for the tubeliners!  

I'm sure many of us have seen the famous beach photos and videos, I must say, sitting on the beach with a Pina Colada and watching an Air France 747 on short finals fly over is on my bucket list!