Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Oculus Rift Development Kit

Who else ordered one? :)

Can't wait to give FSX a go with this; seems like a perfect match.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

post back how it works with FSX this looks awesome thanks for posting

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I doubt FSX will be available for this. Normal games probably wont work with this as they wont be able to take full advantage of the 'virtual reality' feature. Only specific titles are in development for the Oculus Rift...

There are drivers available so it works for existing games. Check the mtbs forum where the rift originally started.

I doubt FSX will be available for this. Normal games probably wont work with this as they wont be able to take full advantage of the 'virtual reality' feature. Only specific titles are in development for the Oculus Rift...

Of course it will, that's what makes this product so groundbreaking. Think of Track IR except your head is in the game!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Looks interesting but how are you going to know which buttons on the keyboard you are pressing without being able to see 'outside' the Rift?

Blackrat

I can imagine if LM will implement in P3D with the SDK there wil be lot's of possibility that will work in fsx.

Now the question is how you are going to implement with the moltitude of windows and hardware in the FS enviroment?

Of course it will, that's what makes this product so groundbreaking. Think of Track IR except your head is in the game!

Then we will see when it comes out for consumers (currently only available to devs).

Then we will see when it comes out for consumers (currently only available to devs).

I think they are selling to everyone who wants one but its still a prototype model.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Looks interesting but how are you going to know which buttons on the keyboard you are pressing without being able to see 'outside' the Rift?

This, my friend, is a really good question indeed.

This, my friend, is a really good question indeed.

Hear hear, never thought of that. I'm guessing it'll mean more VC mouse clicking action and a lot less keyboard use? If it's as good as they claim, manipulating knobs and buttons in the VC should feel very natural.

Very very excited about this one! Especially since I've never really gotten the hang of using my Track IR.

Hear hear, never thought of that. I'm guessing it'll mean more VC mouse clicking action and a lot less keyboard use? If it's as good as they claim, manipulating knobs and buttons in the VC should feel very natural.

I agree. I'm really looking forward to playing with this piece of kit, depending on price of course, but I can't help thinking it's aimed more at those users who just use a single game pad where all the buttons are at your finger tips.

Unlike those of us who use TrackIR, a mouse, throttle quadrant, yoke, keyboard, switch panel, PZ70 multi panel and FSWidgets GMapHD on an Android Nexus7 kneepad.

I do hope I didn't waste my money buying a load of kit that could be redundant in a few months time, I really, really want a Rift.

Is it Christmas yet?

Blackrat

For the flight sim crowed it may be geared more towards the VFR crowd; I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get mine (anticipating early April). 

Right now I know Team Fortress 2 is compatible out of the box. 

For the flight sim crowed it may be geared more towards the VFR crowd; I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get mine (anticipating early April). 

Right now I know Team Fortress 2 is compatible out of the box. 

When will the consumer version of the Oculus Rift ship?

We haven’t announced an exact date or quarter for the consumer product’s release, but we promise we’re working tirelessly to make it available as soon as possible.

---------------------------------------------

I’m not a developer. Should I buy a developer kit now or wait for the consumer version?

If you are asking this question, the answer is most likely “Wait”.

The consumer product will improve on almost every aspect of the developer kit, which is essentially an early prototype of the consumer version. This includes comfort, immersion, features, software support, etc… for the absolute best virtual reality experience possible.

If you absolutely must have one, please understand that the developer kits are more or less early prototypes of the consumer version and with very limited software/game support when they ship.

So if you’re not a developer or hardcore enthusiast, sit tight for now. We promise the consumer Rift will be worth the wait!

-----------------------------

Did you read this before purchasing?