Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

A new (NGX) version of the wonderful MD-11

I have just noticed this thread -

If there are a few "known" bugs (I have not experienced them as yet btw) why is the md11 still up for sale? - I get that PMDG will not update it - but surely its kind of misleading selling a product that has known issues that will not be fixed! - I mean its not stated in the description or on checkout that "there are known issues that will not be updated - but buy at own risk"

The MD11F will be my staple cargo aircraft for a while. My VA also has 747-400Fs in the fleet so I can use those should I feel my cargo flights need a slight change (and once the PMDG 747v2 is out).

If there are a few "known" bugs (I have not experienced them as yet btw) why is the md11 still up for sale? - I get that PMDG will not update it - but surely its kind of misleading selling a product that has known issues that will not be fixed! - I mean its not stated in the description or on checkout that "there are known issues that will not be updated - but buy at own risk"

You shouldn't even have bought MS FSX.

You probably shouldn't even have bought a computer.

Within nearly any software there are always things that are not fixed and never will be fixed, without their product pages warning you: "This software contains bugs!". This is just how the way it is.

point taken, it would just be nice to be able to make an informed decision :)

There may be some "known" bugs but I haven't come across any that I've noticed (I don't sit picking over it) and I certainly haven't had any crashes etc.

If you can afford it, you won't be sorry as it's a great aircraft.

There is a nasty CTD related to STARs/missed approach that could do with being fixed, if nothing else.

It's annoying to complete a flight, go-around for some reason, then have a CTD on downwind due to the apparently bad sequencing of waypoints internally.

MD-11 is a masterpiece by PMDG. Shame it is not appreciated more. I know IRL it had a bad start with the airlines, but if it was that bad it would not be converted for freighter work (you know a product is actually very good when it becomes a serious work-horse). Freight companies love it.

It's like the MD-90. Delta shunned it (even though they were a launch customer), but now can't buy enough of the remainder of the world fleet. So sad that MD were not appreciated earlier. "You don't know what you've got until it's gone".

Best regards,
Robin.

The MD-11 is excellent, and if you can look past the lower quality model/VC then it's every bit as good as the NGX. The only thing I've done is made 4096x4096 textures for most of the panels in the VC (as the text is ridiculously blurry my end with the default 1024x1024 textures).

Gents-

I think it is encouraging to see that the topic was discussed reasonably, without any hysterics. (Although there were a few truly nut-cracker-crazy theories put forward... A few of you had us laughing out loud... literally!)

Message to Rob and the development team:

Please stop reading this thread with your feet up on your desks eating popcorn and enjoying belly laughs and get back to prepping the 777 for release!!

Message to Rob and the development team:

Please stop reading this thread with your feet up on your desks eating popcorn and enjoying belly laughs and get back to prepping the 777 for release!!

Won't matter.  PMDG has already stated publically that they will not update the MD-11.

If there are a few "known" bugs (I have not experienced them as yet btw) why is the md11 still up for sale?

You bought FSX, didn't you?

It's still on sale, too.  A lot of software out there is still on sale despite known bugs.

Kyle Rodgers

You bought FSX, didn't you?

It's still on sale, too.  A lot of software out there is still on sale despite known bugs.

yes I bought it, but when I did, I had no idea about it being buggy or the likes.

I meant to add earlier, software vendors are continuously releasing updates for bugs/whatever - ie Microsoft updates all the time, adobe flash/reader to name a few,

Hardware vendors - ie drivers/bios's because things are buggy

This was in relation to my earlier post

Edited by flyingnoob

MD11 its a great addon, the only problem the community are going after trends and now the trend is 737 and 777. But all ngx pilot should try md11 so they can feel the same what we feel when we fly with her.

I think its like 737NGX= Dance Music, MDD11=Jazz, Dance music is more popular but jazz is quality:)))

The expected Woodpigeon would sell better than a MD11 NGX. PMDG is a busine$$, not a charity organisation. Sorry for being rude, but some people asking loud for a product are not the reality of the market. I would be happy to see a MD11 V2.0, but fully understand PMDG's position. I prefere seing this company alive with some angry customers, better than a dead company.

I too am happy with V.1 of the MD-11. I even have it in both sims. I also am happy with the Q.O.S and am very happy that they are doing a version 2.

It would now be interesting to know that now after a long time whether the MD-11 has now reached the target that was expected as more people have bought it since?