Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

A new (NGX) version of the wonderful MD-11

I love the MD-11 and have no problems at all with the way the cockpit looks as it is now. To me, at night especially, it looks quite realistic to me, and Im happy with the sounds as well. Im really looking forward to version 2 of the 747-400 though. The NGX gets the most usage as Im most familiar with it, love the JS41 but its complicated, and like the 747 but its VC is WAY outdated. Im holding out for 747 V.2

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

Would be nice if PMDG would comment? 

They already have, and there's even a video of it.

(start it at 2:10 - he doesn't speak very highly of its sales and impact)

You can very easily imply from there.

Kyle Rodgers

the md11 is my favorite airplane and i have met many md11 pilots and even trained with them this plane is very underestimated its great they all say its been one of their favorite airplanes to fly i think PMDG should update it but anything pmdg makes is amazing.

I was disappointed when RSR said the MD-11 wouldn't get an update, but it's their decision and I have to respect it.  Hard to believe the 11's sales weren't that great as I always thought whatever PMDG created would turn to instant gold.  I am glad they brought it to market and it's still my favorite plane to fly, but it'll be interesting to see if the 777 can tear me away from it.

Chris Sunseri

I love it.  It's still one of my favorite aircraft out there.  I'm disappointed that it probably won't get an update, but at the same time I'm content with what has been, and what will be put out.

As a company, it's hard to justify going in a direction you know will have less profit, and the MD-11 proved that in both the real and sim realms.

Kyle Rodgers

As a company, it's hard to justify going in a direction you know will have less profit, and the MD-11 proved that in both the real and sim realms.

I really can't see that! 100% of this thread is positive. There seems to be lots of affection here. lol.

Yes,I really feel the main fs comunity are missing out on the MD-11

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Could its poor takeup have had anything to do in that it took 5 years to see the light of the day, and seeing at that time, the only 2 highly complex aircraft compared to what MS had to offer in the FS2004 hangar, were the Level-D and the Queen, when the MD-11 did finally hit the decks, it was far more complex than the afore-mentioned, and as such it was reflected in the sales?

Like the rest of you here, I really love flying it far more than the NGX, as I much prefer flying either the 747-400 or the MD-11 very long distances. A update would definitely be something to look forward to.

I would love it if they just did even a relatively simple update like default panel state loading, dirt/reflections on the windows, and some other odds and ends. It really doesn't need much IMO.

I would love it if they just did even a relatively simple update like default panel state loading, dirt/reflections on the windows, and some other odds and ends. It really doesn't need much IMO.

I 100% agree with you! I mean that panel state...

Edited by linux731

You have my vote. I love the md-11 as it is and definitely gets the most use in my hangar. I do enjoy the ngx from time to time and no doubt will enjoy the 777 but the MD-11 will always be my favorite.

Not sure what it is its just got something special.

But of course an update to the VC would nice.

Like someone else already hinted if we all express our passion for this beauty PMDG just might listen to us. We can only hope.

Speak up or forever hold your peace

Hayden Chapman

I would be happy if these annoying bugs would be fixed. They are so disturbing on such a great bird Onfortunately PMDG keeps ignoring the MD11 forum so it seems as if they don't see them.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

As I recall, the MD-11 was the result of a poll made by them as to what they wanted to do next. RSR jokes that he sold more than McDonnell Douglas did and I reckon he's probably right. Even now they continue sales of it, because it is so popular with us and probably the most technical achievement of ANY other aircraft simulation.

PMDG, you made a good choice developing this aircraft but I don't think you realise how many sales you will total eventually.  So, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this sim will eventually be recognised for the quality that it will always be.

Unique.