Sign in to follow this  
OMGBBQ32

Flight Toolkit Support and Questions

Is there any way to use the toolkit to unlock stock liveries? I never bought any DLC, so many of the default schemes remain forever off limits as they are tied to achievements that require DLC...

I don't think you can do that with the toolkit. If I remember correctly, the toolkit is mostly used for adding or editing paint schemes or other objects.

I've installed the latest version of the toolkit and would like to convert a .spb file (Core_Aerocaches.spb) into an editable format and I'm not entirely sure on how to do this.

The toolkit has been fixed with a new command line "SimPropCompiler.exe" but I cannot figure out how to use it.

Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Just FYI, other people have already tried adding aerocaches to Core_Aerocaches.spb, but they only load when you are not connected to the Live servers.

If you run SimPropCompiler you will see the instructions how to use it.

Example: To convert a spb to xml:

SimPropCompiler.exe 2xml "C:\Core_Aerocaches.spb" "C:\Core_Aerocaches.xml"

Thanks Stonelance!

I've converted the .spb file to an .xml and made changes to it.

Now, how do I test out the Core_Aerocaches.xml file on Flight? Can you do it via the toolkit?

Thanks Stonelance!

I've converted the .spb file to an .xml and made changes to it.

Now, how do I test out the Core_Aerocaches.xml file on Flight? Can you do it via the toolkit?

And welcome to Avsim!

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

These steps should work, but I haven't tried them:

- Install the new version of the toolkit

- Start the Addon Builder

- Create a new addon

- Create a Core\Aerocaches folder under the new folder that was created for your addon

- Convert your modified xml back to spb, and put it in the Core\Aerocaches folder

- Export the addon

- Install the addon with the Addon Manager

Theoretically it should then load your modified version instead of the built in one.

Having trouble with making the files work. Tried with new missions and rewards but still not luck. Many of the files are in a  .spb.META format and I opened them with notepad and all of them look the same except for the GUID. Do you know if these files can be converted into a readable format?

I've also tried using the toolkit to add more repaints but when I tried to install a downloaded livery from the Avsim library, the toolkit says that it needs the Alaska Pack to install them. I've read  DeanFlorida's post but still don't know what to do.

Do I need the Alaska Pack to install the liveries? I cannot purchase the pack because the marketplace is closed. So how do I get it?

Tried it and it works!

Last time I got an manhandled exception error. Must have been something wrong with the command I executed.

Any solutions about the tool kit problem on my last post ? 

Thanks!

Tried it and it works!

Last time I got an manhandled exception error. Must have been something wrong with the command I executed.

Any solutions about the tool kit problem on my last post ? 

Thanks!

* Sorry, typing error. I meant to say unhandled exception error. 

* Sorry, typing error. I meant to say unhandled exception error.

I got a bigger laugh out of the way you typed it the first time! :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hahaha! Loving the humour. :P

Getting back on topic...

Can anyone answer my post?

I've also tried using the toolkit to add more repaints but when I tried to install a downloaded livery from the Avsim library, the toolkit says that it needs the Alaska Pack to install them. I've read  DeanFlorida's post but still don't know what to do.

Do I need the Alaska Pack to install the liveries? I cannot purchase the pack because the marketplace is closed. So how do I get it?