Sign in to follow this  
captain420

World of Traffic AI plugin for X-Plane

Have you guys heard of this? It should be out soon! Finally an all around AI plugin for X-Plane. :) Check it out here:

http://www.classicjetsims.com/WorldTraffic/

Seems to me like the features for this plugin are simply amazing. You will be able to have AI sea and land traffic such as vehicles as well as airplanes. It uses .obj files instead of .acf files so frame rate issues shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm really excited for this plugin and thought I'd share with you guys on here if you haven't heard so already.

This along with marginal's aircraft ground moving traffic AI for airports should bring airports completely to life and give a sense of reality when playing X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Oops! Mis-read something the first time around...

I didn't see any mention on the web site as to whether it will be free or pay?

Oops! Mis-read something the first time around...

I didn't see any mention on the web site as to whether it will be free or pay?

he said its not free and gonna be payware. i believe there will be a demo out tho. he said it should be released within 2 weeks

Stunning!

Xplane just keeps on looking better and better. Can't wait to see what it's capable of in 12 months time.

X-Plane10 needs this.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

It's going o be payware but soooo worth it. A demo version should be released for the PC version in a few days.

So many features that I didn't mention but this will be a must have addon for any serious x-plane simmers.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=60922&page=20

"Yes, sounds are directional and doppler shift is also supported.  The OpenAL API makes this all very easy and I have no idea why it's not used to a greater extent in X-Plane since it adds so much to the sim.  Using OpenAL, you simply have to define a listener and place it where the camera is, whether that is the user plane, the tower view, or the AI plane track camera.  Sounds are also multi-track for added realism so I can roll off the higher frequency sounds at closer distances than the low frequency sounds.  It works great for fighters where you can hear the planes still rumble away far in the distance."

"I've also made some of engine sounds more directional than others.  As an example, for airliners I make the engine fan sound more prevalent from the front of the plane and the lower frequency jet noise more prevalent behind the plane so when an airliner takes off, you'll hear the fan noise as it comes towards you and as the plane passes, that sound decreases and you'll hear more of the low frequency jet engine rumble.  Sounds are also louder as engine power increases.  This is noticeable especially for fighters.  If you've been to many airshows you'll notice this waiting for a fighter demo to start.  The fighter will be sitting at the end of the runway idling ready to take off and it won't be too loud.  You'll hear a lot of higher frequency whining sounds.  As soon as it starts rolling though, the sounds gets a lot louder.  Sounds are also muffled inside of the user plane until you open the door (uses the door position dataref)."

"I end up spending too much time watching planes go by at the airport when I should be developing.  I have my computer hooked up to my stereo and sometimes get confused if the planes I hear are from the computer or from outside, especially if its something like a C-130 droning by in the distance."  

"So, I've put a lot of time into sounds and mostly happy with them.  I think I need some more high quality sounds so if people have any comments for improvements or have some nicer sounds, please let me know.  I plan on releasing the PC evaluation version within a couple of days here for people to try out while I work on the Mac plugin"

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

this seams so awesome. but i wish there was more airlines and less military. i hope u can add this easily

I'm so glad that sound is definitely a big focus on this addon! It adds to the realism and immersion to the game. A detail that can be overlooked by most. :) This is going to be great.

You can edit it easily. It's basically a plain .txt file for the flight plans. I heard there will be members who will eventually make a GUI frontend for editing flight plans for those who don't like editing .txt files.

One great thing about this plugin is that it is highly configurable.

now all you need is a good atc addon and everything should start working alright

If I'm not mistaken this plugin has a built-in ATC system. You guys might wanna check out the on going thread on the forum at x-plane.org about it.

Or you can also check out the unfinished manual here to get a general idea of the features and options available:

http://www.classicjetsims.com/downloads/WorldTraffic.pdf

• Upvote 1

"It looks like beta testing is complete.  I have two minor issues to fix and just have to finish the manual and build the Mac plugin and it's ready to release.  The linux plugin will probably be a couple of weeks after the first release.  I'll release the PC evaluation version when I finish the manual so people can try it out.  Below is a nice video from one of the beta testers.  This is at KSEA where I launch a horde of 747s toward the airport and let the plugin route the traffic to the arrival runways the best it can.  There are flight plans included that demonstrate most of the features supported by the plugin.  There are "flight plans" for the Nimitz and a Yacht.  There is a car that races around the runways before the planes start arriving.  There are several 747s arriving, a KC-10, a C-130, a F-14 which buzzes the Nimitz first, a Lancair Columbia, and a 4 ship formation of F-16s.  There is also a scheduled departure flight for a 747 headed to Vancouver and two F-14s which depart using a vertical departure, join up, fly in formation past Mt. Ranier, and return and buzz the tower.  Anyway the video shows a somewhat chaotic arrival of a few 747s:"

Re: sound engine... the news on this plugin just keep getting better and better! Definitely wish the aircraft sounds in the default XP were different when viewing as a "passenger" of a heavy metal jet... For one thing, suppressing cockpit sounds like button clicks (on replays) and altitude callouts.

I believe the sound in this plugin are directional and will have those doppler effects which will sound much more realistic when you see planes passing by and taking off, etc.