•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

The C-17 Download

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 6 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

I went to SimAvion to download the c-17, packaged by UKMIL and didn't get any folders after extracting. Not even later with the patch. If there are folders which ones should I be looking for?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 CalCoastFlightSim

CalCoastFlightSim

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 1 Year, 5 Months and 1 Day

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

There should be an installer in their somewhere. I don't have my computer right now so I can't tell you what exactly to look for. It threw me off for a little while too haha.

#3 firehawk44

firehawk44

Forums Director

• Administrators
  • 10,458 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 25 Days Ago.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Is this the Area 51 C-17?  You can try doing a search on your computer on the HDD that FSX is installed.  Click on the Start button then type UKMIL then hit enter.  If you get nothing, try C-17.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | Forums Director | AVSIM.com

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS) | Screen Shot Rules
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Add Your Site to the Links Database! | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | Request Support | FAQ's                                                                                                                                                                                  

Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country):

ca.png Canada | bg.png Bulgaria | gb.png United Kingdom | au.png Australia | ie.png Ireland | in.png India | eg.png Egypt
th.png Thailand | gd.png Grenada | hu.png Hungary | co.png Colombia | nl.png Netherlands | fr.png France | us.png U.S.A.

#4 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

I did come across just two folders ,Gauges and Sims Objects, not enough.Haven't found an installer yet.

#5 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Found an installer but nothing.

#6 jetsmell

jetsmell

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hooray! found my mistake. I was disecting everything and putting them in the matching FSX folders. Then I found the installer and installed it on the correct hard drive ( J- External), but not in FSX which is on the same drive. It wasn't until I installed it into FSX directly when it finally worked. Took it for a test flight, super cool. Now on to the next plane. I'm a slow learner but in a few years I should have this down, lol.