Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

B55 latest update

I noticed an update to the B55 on the Avsim front page.

I installed it, and am now getting an error message " failed to open the flight model" when I try to run the aircraft.

Does anyone have a better experience?

Bert

Hello , there seems a mixup in that installers placement of the aircraft.cfg files , the E version ended up in the B and vice versa , thats being reassembled and uploaded asap,  for the moment swapping the files will take care of it

Please do advise when this is sorted.

Thanks for your efforts!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I bought it through Simmarket. In my account there's still the previous release (8-30-2012). Could Milviz say something when I can expect the update there?

It is now sorted.  A new installer has been sent off to the portals.

Not sure when it will be posted.  I would wait 5 days minimum and go from there.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I purchased Milviz B55 from the AVSIM Store 7-4-2012.

The AVSIM store is now closed.

Where do I get updates from?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

downloaded the V2 update today. removed the old  files from simobjects  airplane folder and ran the installer.

vc view ok but getting this on the spot view.

any suggestions 

bob

Thats looks as though its being run in FSX RTM , do you have sp2 installed for FSX?, as well the FPS you show at 3.3 leads one to suspect that there is limited capacity on the computer and its possibly challenged with the demands made on the GPU.

Thats looks as though its being run in FSX RTM , do you have sp2 installed for FSX?, as well the FPS you show at 3.3 leads one to suspect that there is limited capacity on the computer and its possibly challenged with the demands made on the GPU.

Thanks for the response, have managed to sort it out, I rebooted the computer and reloaded FSX and textures are back to normal.

yes I know I am a bit light on cpu power, hope to upgrade in the near future. Is it still ok to load the low-rez textures with this update.

as long as I fly with clear skys I can still enjoy

many thanks   bob

you can load the low rez... no issues.  The update was pretty much only the RXP issues that some were having...  (our bad.. not theirs)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

you can load the low rez... no issues.  The update was pretty much only the RXP issues that some were having...  (our bad.. not theirs)

Thanks for the quick reply, I will go and load up the low_rez now.

bob

Where are you finding the update?  The download from the MIlViz site appears to be the SP1 version.  Are you finding a service pack or a complete new install?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Where are you finding the update?  The download from the MIlViz site appears to be the SP1 version.  Are you finding a service pack or a complete new install?

I originally purchased from Simarket so I received an email informing me of the update, which is a complete new install.

bob

ps the file ref is milviz_B55_v_2U.zip

I purchased Milviz B55 from the AVSIM Store 7-4-2012.

The AVSIM store is now closed.

Where do I get updates from?

If you purchased it from the AVSIM Store, you need to go to www.x-plane.org and contact Nicholas there. He was our store manager and has all the information regarding purchases here.