Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

When will PMDG support Prepar3D?

Hey, guys. I've been a FS9 simmer for a while and I just moved to P3D. The only PMDG products I own are the 1900C and D, so I admittedly don't have any first hand knowledge or experience with the newer, more advanced PMDG products. The question I posed in my subject has been, I am sure, hotly debated, and I assure you I do not come here with any agenda or any intention of flaming anyone.  I am just curious why PMDG has decided not to support use of its aircraft in P3D?  I ask that because PMDG is recognized as one of the leading developers of commercial aircraft add-ons.  Many of PMDG's competitors, like iFly, Quality Wings, Aerosoft, LevelD, and FSLabs do allow the use of their products in P3D. So, I don't understand what legally, economically, whatever it is, makes PMDG reluctant to enter the P3D marketplace.  I really hope this is something you are discussing seriously within your company. As a P3D user, and as an admirer of what PMDG has accomplished in both FS9 and FSX, I hope you change your policy soon.

Todd Harrell

Todd-

We've covered this a couple times- but those threads are probably pretty buried by now...

We are not planning to support retail customers using Prepar3d as a home simming platform.

We do have some commercial operators who will be licensing PMDG products on that platform, but this is not something the general simmer will have access to...

This decision was made because Prepar3d is not a home entertainment product, and their EULA is very specific as to the purposes for which the platform may be employed.  For liability purposes, we cannot support retail customers using a "retail only" PMDG product on a platform that is not licensed for retail use.

This topic tends to bring out emotional replies from folks who wish things were different- so I'm going to lock the thread-  but I did want you to have an answer!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com