Sign in to follow this  
dutchman2

New To Windows 7, or stay with XP

I am currently on windows XP with an Intel Core2Duo E8500, 2x2GB memory and a GE Force 9800GT Video Card.  Due to my new build PC,  I will be going with an Intel i7 3770 and GE Force GTX650TI. 

I am still on the fence about the move from Window XP to 7 (or 8).  I understand about the pending sunset of XP support but this PC is game (FS9) only.  Another PC handles the real world chores.

How does the 747-400 (or any other addon) handle the move to Windows 7?  Any suggestions or ideas to make the transition without blowing a gasket?

Windows 7 64bit is the way to go. Can't speak for 8 but I have had ZERO problems with 7.

Richie Walsh

Take 7 64bit. XP will not be supported anymore 2014, means no updates... makes your PC outlawed.

Take 7 64bit. XP will not be supported anymore 2014, means no updates... makes your PC outlawed.

Outlawed?

???

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

If Ryan from PMDG recommends Windows 7 for their products, you can't get a better answer than that

Outlawed?

???

Luke

Probably the translation is wrong, I found nothing else... the German word is "vogelfrei" and the translation was this...

"Windows 7 64-bit is the best OS Microsoft has ever made"    -  Ryan is right

Rich Sennett

Windows 7 64-bit is the best OS Microsoft has ever made, bar none. Stay away from 8.

Is that just from a gaming POV? 

Any point of view the whole operating system does not matter what you do with it is rock solid no brainer - no comparison.

Rich Sennett

Probably the translation is wrong, I found nothing else... the German word is "vogelfrei" and the translation was this...

Try "on your own"..  :unsure:

Bert

Outlawed?

???

Luke

FreeBird? Ironic. :)

Windows 7 64-bit is the best OS Microsoft has ever made, bar none. Stay away from 8.

I agree.

Don't get Windows 8.

Get 7 Home Premium or Ultimate 64bit. You can make it look exactly like Windows XP also, if you're uncomfortable with the design changes. Change the style to Windows Classic, then make the taskbar use smaller icons, then never combine icons. Bam, Windows XP classic.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Why not install both operating systems. I've got a laptop running Win 7 professional 64 bit on the main C drive and Win XP SP3 on a separate partition. Gaming seems  better with Win 7, while some office programs better on XP as do video editing software/capture programs.

I have the system you can see at my signature section ......I used to have a system similar to yours about 6 month back......the change is unsaleable ......just think of all the bars pushed to the limit (almost all of important ones)  with all the addons you can think of :) 7 - 64 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5