Sign in to follow this  
ck777

3 Monitors: Trouble spanning VC

Hello All,

Just had a strange problem crop up today.   I have the GTX680 and have been running 3 monitors with VC spanned across all 3.  I loaded up a flight this morning and noticed that FSX was only displaying on 1 screen (center).  I tried to move the edge of the FSX screen to the other monitors but nothing was happening.  I can move the top and bottom screen but not the sides.  

I checked my setting in the Nvidia Control Panel and everything seems to be alright.

I'm not sure what could of happened since I flew last night with no problems.  The only thing I did differently was I flew in FSX multiplayer for the first time.

Not sure if this is related but I clicked on the Windows icon (lower left) and noticed the following programs highlighted 

Nividia Corportaion: 3DVision.

It was almost as if they were downloaded recently, which I didn't do.

I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks, CK

Chris B. Trane

Ha HA! I came to post the same issue. I have the 670 FTW

YES.. I am having the same issue

This morning when I looked at the monitors, the right and the left monitors were dark. Only the middle monitor was visible. So I rebooted and found my multi monitor setup was messed up. So I had to reset the multi monitor in nvidia all over again for no reason.

Then, when I go into FSX, the maximum size it can stretch is the size of my single 24" monitor

I tried restore point ...but its not restoring.

I have a feeling its the windows security patch that was applied recently.. cause I have not installed anything in my system the last 3 weeks.. and I can see the windows patch being installed the last couple of days.

I had the same 3D thingi too

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

come to think of it I think there was a patch that downloaded yesterday, although I can't say for sure.

My other 2 screens are visible...no problems there.  I just can't stretch the FSX window across the 3 screens.

Chris B. Trane

Here is something...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/404886-microsoft-urges-windows-7-users-to-uninstall-blue-screen-of-death-patch/#entry2642610

I am trying to uninstall this security patch to see if that would fix our issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2823324

Known issues with this security update
  • Microsoft is investigating behavior wherein systems may fail to recover from a reboot or applications fails to load after security update 2823324 is applied. Microsoft recommends that customers uninstall this update. As an added precaution, Microsoft has removed the download links to the 2823324 update while we investigate. For information about how to uninstall this update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    2839011 You receive an Event ID 55 or a 0xc000021a Stop error in Windows 7 after you install security update 2823324

Removing that did not fix the resizing problem

But I am convinced its something MS has done.

There is something strange about this "Nividia Corportaion: 3DVision" as well.

But nividia usually does not go and update itself unlike MS security patch

Manny

It may work in Full screen.

Manny

Thanks a lot for tracking this down; sounds like we are having the exact problem.  Is this how you removed the update?

Option 1: Manually uninstall the Security Update
  1. In Control Panel, open Programs, and then click View Installed updates.
  2. Select Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2823324), and then click Uninstall to uninstall the security update.

Yeah...I'm not sure what is going on with "Nividia Corp: 3D Vision".  I noticed the same thing

What a pain in the a#$!

Chris B. Trane

Yeah..My Saturday FSX time is hosed. Sigh!

It works across the three monitor in full screen mode.. But I have Sweet FSX which kills the frames in full screen

Manny

Yeah...full screen really won't work great for me.  I know what you mean...this was going to be a big day of flying (girlfriend is out of town)

Chris B. Trane

Full screen does stretch it across...but the resolution of FSX is the same old single monitor resolution

In your program install, there is a nvidia patch installed in the last one week.

See what happens if you uninstall it?

I am uninstalling the last 4 MS patch as well as the nvidia update. I also uninstalled the 3D driver.

Edited to add: Hmm.uninstalling all these did not fix it.

This is truly pussling

Manny

In addition to the above. I uninstalled the driver and installed the most recent driver. This time I only installed three things

The driver, the update and the phyik driver. I did not install any of the 3D component.

That did it. It fixed the issue. I can now resize

Manny

Thanks for the info and hunting down the problem.

Before you uninstalled the driver, isn't there a way to save your settings?  I seem to remember if you don't do that step you loose your settings when downloading the latest driver.

Just want to make sure I have this correct information.

1. Latest Driver 314.22

2. Update:  Which update are you talking about?

3. Phyik Driver?  I read a description of it on the website and not sure if i have it downloaded on my computer.

I'm doing a little flying around on a single monitor and will give this a try in the next couple of hours.

Any ideas where the problem originated?

Chris B. Trane

Download the driver 314.22 

When you install it, do Advanced install (not default) and you get to select what you want installed. You would pick all three. Its Physx and the video driver and something called update (not sure if this is required or not but I selected it.

as for saving the settings. I had inspector installed and I exported the settings first via the inspector and then imported it back in.

But the thriple monitor surround settings... you have to do that again. 

Manny

Back in business. Manny, thanks for solving. I figured out my above questions.

Chris B. Trane