Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Majestic Q400 April 12th update from Facebook

Anyone know if you buy the Pilot version will you only have to pay the difference to go up to Pro later on?  If not I'll probably just wait for the Pro one...

You can't get this...   Your too busy with the 777...  

LOL 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

PILOT FMS is almost a fully functional FMS. No ETP/PNR function or ARINC weather is not something that could limit your Q400 operations. All the functions about navigation, including 3D RNAV approaches, holds etc are already in Pilot version. The difference between Pilot and Pro is mostly in other features like scenario based failures or shared cockpit.

Anyway, PRO is not ready to come out, it will be several months away and I can't say anything about when the distributors will fix the modalities about upgrading from Pilot to Pro. Personnaly, I would buy Pilot. And then upgrade to Pro. (oops, I have already one for free :) )

Dimitri

Thanks for the clarification. I was going to buy pilot anyway. Else I wont be able to get the 777.  :rolleyes:

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Anyone know if you buy the Pilot version will you only have to pay the difference to go up to Pro later on?  If not I'll probably just wait for the Pro one...

Ryan,

Regarding upgrading to the PRO version, one will have to pay the difference of the upgrade price.  Cross-version upgrades will be possible but their modalities will be fixed by distributors, so we don't know how much they will make you pay for an upgrade - maybe just the versions' price difference.

The PRO version will be a few months before release.

Simeon

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

"Ladies and Gentlemen,
we are pleased to announce the names of our distibutors. Three online stores will be selling Majestic Q400 :
* Simmarket
* JustFlight
* FSPilotShop
Hold on, we hope that the release date will be announced this week.
Dimitri
"

Nice to read "release date this week" can't wait.... :P

As to FMS functions in the Pilot version: All the FMS functions are included except ETP/PNR functionality, ARINC Weather and RAIM simulation.

Hell, I don't even know what those functions are so I probably wouldn't miss them. Pilot version should suit me fine then.

Great to hear that this is finally approaching release and I'm sure it will be a fantastic airplane.

www.antsairplanes.com

will be buying the PILOT, but 'am fully intending to go "PRO".

Is it just me or does it sound like they have no idea how possible upgrades might work? I would like to buy the Pilot version and upgrade to Pro when it comes out but they seem to have no control over how that will work. 

I just finished writing an extensive tutorial flight tonight for the MJCQ400, so I think you guys will have plenty to chew on once this gets released. The last week had Oly and myself discussing things that only very keen real-world Q400 pilots might pick up on- great sign for an addon!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I just finished writing an extensive tutorial flight tonight for the MJCQ400, so I think you guys will have plenty to chew on once this gets released. The last week had Oly and myself discussing things that only very keen real-world Q400 pilots might pick up on- great sign for an addon!

Where is it? Can we read ahead?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Where is it? Can we read ahead?

I submitted it to Fanda and another beta tester for review, just so we have a few pairs of eyes on it. I'm sure it'll be posted on the website by Saturday or a few days after that when I get back from my Japan trip. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Will it support Aerosoft NavData also? I no longer use NaviGraph, and I have 3 Cycles left in my Aerosoft account

Alexis Mefano